How often do you Wash yourself?

Thought this was gonna be a contest or somethin on who could not shower the longest.

Quote:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who work in offices, enclosed environments, and customer service businesses who don't bother to bathe daily. I know because I've worked with many of these people. I worked with one lady back in the late 80s and early 90s, and we had a hygiene and dress code in the facility (a major teaching hospital and medical center). She felt the way many here do, that daily bathing just wasn't necessary. She was finally terminated for failing to comply with the hygiene code, as people who sat in desks adjoining hers would sometimes literally gag. I sat 3 desks down from her when I was pregnant with my youngest son & she used to make me gag to the point of vomiting at least once a week. We worked a Sunday through Thursday schedule together, and the only day she didn't smell to high heaven was on Sunday because she would bathe on Saturday nights.

I just don't understand folks who think smelling like a dirty hiney is okay in the workplace.

Quote:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who work in offices, enclosed environments, and customer service businesses who don't bother to bathe daily. I know because I've worked with many of these people. I worked with one lady back in the late 80s and early 90s, and we had a hygiene and dress code in the facility (a major teaching hospital and medical center). She felt the way many here do, that daily bathing just wasn't necessary. She was finally terminated for failing to comply with the hygiene code, as people who sat in desks adjoining hers would sometimes literally gag. I sat 3 desks down from her when I was pregnant with my youngest son & she used to make me gag to the point of vomiting at least once a week. We worked a Sunday through Thursday schedule together, and the only day she didn't smell to high heaven was on Sunday because she would bathe on Saturday nights.

I just don't understand folks who think smelling like a dirty hiney is okay in the workplace.

Can you IMAGINE being fired from a job for stinkin'....
"what happend Ethel..why'd you lose your job?"
lol.png

I used to work with a guy who had MAJOR BO. Sorry to be blunt, but he did, and BAD. And of course that was the same guy who didn't understand personal space boundaries and would get WAY too close while discussing something. I don't know if it still exists, but one of our co-workers told us about a website that would anonymously inform someone of your complaint. You'd submit the info, and they would send him a message: "Dear Brenden, your co workers don't want to embarrass you, but they feel you should know that you have a body odor issue and hope you will take care of it..." that type of thing. I know they talked about doing it, but I don't remember now if they did it, this was years ago.

I used to work driving airport taxis and the company I worked for had a fleet of mini vans and they would rotate drivers (something I never understood) so quite often I would get a certain drivers vehicle and would have to frebreeze the heck out of it vacuum and wash the seats before I could let customers in it...drove me nuts! And cost me extra $. Being in that closed envoiroment I always made sure to shower daily. Now I am retired and if I havnt worked up a sweat outside and I am not going anywhere in a particular day...then ..yeah I will skip one if I feel lazy.

UGH---standing in line at a checkout or such behind a stinky/butt smelling person...honestly use some water and take a bath.
your stink might be wonderful to you...but it sure isn't to me.

how hard is it to be clean? not that hard
tongue.png

Quote:
My Son works as a Diesel Mechanic at a Trucker shop. One of the drivers is known (called) as "Mr. Toenail", whenever one of the Techs have to drive his truck in off the lot, they have to roll down the window and drive with their head outside the cab.
On the other hand, I once roomed while on the road as a Migrant Nuclear Worker with a Engineer from India----never, ever saw him bath or wash, yet he never had BO. There does seem to be a genetic component to skin secretions and body odor.

Back
Top Bottom