How old are your oldest peafowl

areeb

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 17, 2012
texas hill country
Hi Yall,

Recently lost my peahen Green due to eggbinding. She was a bit over 12 years of age. What are yalls oldest birds? Im seeing a lot on varying answers online about how old peafowl can get. I know the girls dont live as long as the guys.

Will also take any suggestions on threads that discuss preventing egg binding.

Looking forward to hearing of some birds making it to a ripe old age. RIP Green.

Hi Yall,

Recently lost my peahen Green due to eggbinding. She was a bit over 12 years of age. What are yalls oldest birds? Im seeing a lot on varying answers online about how old peafowl can get. I know the girls dont live as long as the guys.

Will also take any suggestions on threads that discuss preventing egg binding.

Looking forward to hearing of some birds making it to a ripe old age. RIP Green.
My oldest male is 17 and still going strong. Many people lose their birds before they even hit the 10 year mark due to poor diet or bad genes. Accidents aside they have the potential to live 30+ years if they are healthy. I have never had trouble with egg binding but I think it's a matter of diet and sometimes age.

My oldest male is 17 and still going strong. Many people lose their birds before they even hit the 10 year mark due to poor diet or bad genes. Accidents aside they have the potential to live 30+ years if they are healthy. I have never had trouble with egg binding but I think it's a matter of diet and sometimes age.
My girl was really healthy, which why I’m so shocked. 12 and change is not super young but I figured she would live for 3-5 more years. What about your oldest females?

I am curious as to why you don’t keep yours beyond six or seven! I recently visited a farm and he had quite a few over the age to 10:to 15.
I am constantly improving the quality of our breeding stock so we rotate the birds out and use the younger birds. I also have a number of breeding projects for new colors and patterns and that takes a lot of room. This year we raised over 400 birds, we can't keep them all. I am entering a new phase of not breeding for quantity but for new and unusual. You won't see birds like these anywhere other than at Spring Creek Peafowl.
IMG_7989.JPG
IMG_7997.JPG
IMG_8031.JPG
IMG_8028.JPG
IMG_7322.JPG

Back
Top Bottom