How to deter domestic cats

I'm about a half hour or so from Blacksburg (probably the biggest town you'd know thanks to Virginia Tech) in that area (Dublin, Radford, Wytheville, etc) with a bunch of small towns that you blink and miss while traveling on one of the interstates. ;)

I'm about a half hour or so from Blacksburg (probably the biggest town you'd know thanks to Virginia Tech) in that area (Dublin, Radford, Wytheville, etc) with a bunch of small towns that you blink and miss while traveling on one of the interstates.  ;)

Too funny....I am about 40 minutes from Blacksburg but on the WV side. LOL Originally from Wytheville by way of Roanoke(for far too many years). So I am more familiar with the area than you know. ;)
And I've said it before but a great cheap predator solution is rat poison pellets in sardines.

Will keep that in mind thanks. Hoping I won't have to resort to it .....but ya' never know.

Please dont take the cat to a shelter if you know for sure he has owners, I love my cats as much as a dog owner loves his dog, and as much as we love our chickens. Im sorry they are giving you a hard time, have you thought about getting your own male cat? They are very territorial and will keep other cats off your property and also help with roedents atracked by the chickens food and so. I have 2 cats and they put on a fight with any other cat who dares step claw in our house; they hang out with my 6 chickens and have never bother them.

Didn't realize you were in the UK...

Box Traps catch cats perfectly well, use a empty can of tuna that way you can have a sandwich while you wait.

After that do what ever you want with it.

Well, thanks guys. Since installing two ultrasonic devices (I couldn't go for the squirty ones as we have no water supply at that side of the house) I haven't seen a single cat in the garden for around 4 days. I will keep my eye out but it seems to be working and the chickens certainly aren't bothered by them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom