How to Determine Age Geese?

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
Hey, geese people -

Is there a way to tell how old my geese are? They were found wandering in the woods, so I have no idea. They seem young to me for some reason - esp my gander. He isn't mean at all, even when the girls are nesting. He'll hiss, but that's it. I feel like he hasn't figured out he's supposed to be mean.

Only to an extent. Pretty much the only way to tell is if they’re babies, adults, or elderly. Some breeds can give hints based on if they have a knob and what color the knob is but that isn’t even an absolute.
Thank you! I kind of thought that was the case based off what I read on other sites, but I thought I'd ask here for more direct info from actual goose owners. I guess I've got three adults - lol

Hey, geese people -

Is there a way to tell how old my geese are? They were found wandering in the woods, so I have no idea. They seem young to me for some reason - esp my gander. He isn't mean at all, even when the girls are nesting. He'll hiss, but that's it. I feel like he hasn't figured out he's supposed to be mean.
I love your heart and your success with them. I have 6 boys all in treo's they all hiss at me right now its there job to look big and protect. Iv never seen one be mean either just doing there job. Im so happy you got all three and loving the smile you put on my face.

Back
Top Bottom