How to deworm a flock of chickens?

Although pumpkins are very nutritious for peacocks and we feed them all winter here at Spring Creek Peafowl, they do nothing as a dewormer. No one should rely on antidotal remedies' when proven medications are available.
IMG_7076.JPG

Although pumpkins are very nutritious for peacocks and we feed them all winter here at Spring Creek Peafowl, they do nothing as a dewormer. No one should rely on antidotal remedies' when proven medications are available.View attachment 3516808
The right amount of certain pumpkin seeds do have anthelmintic properties but the amounts required would be considered toxic.:]

then please tell me why they havent died after 10 years and i havent had any issues with worms even after having a vet check them?
All chickens have worms but worms rarely kill birds unless the numbers are high. Did your vet run a fecal? If your vet thinks it's OK to give them garlic, I'd recommend finding a new vet

All chickens have worms but worms rarely kill birds unless the numbers are high. Did your vet run a fecal? If your vet thinks it's OK to give them garlic, I'd recommend finding a new vet
they informed not to give too much garlic but that what i was doing okay. and i trust a vet with experience of 30+ years

they informed not to give too much garlic but that what i was doing okay. and i trust a vet with experience of 30+ years
Most vets don't much, if anything, about chickens.
if they did, they'd tell you garlic is playing with fire for maybe minimal effectiveness as a wormer.
But as long you don't accidentally give them more than quarter ounce of fresh, eighth ounce per bird, they shouldn't be harmed.

We tried herbal wormers on our goats and had an extremely high worm load. After poking around we learned that herbal doesn't work as far south as we are. It seems like from our experience and others that it somewhat depends on where you live.

Back
Top Bottom