how to get dogs to stop eating horse,chicken,turkey, poop!!!

well not realy cuz if you eat there eggs lol... but none of my chickens/turkeys ever eat horse/dog poop soo
You might be surprised at what they eat. Unless, of course, they are confined to a run and never get to free range. But if they have access to where the dogs and horses poop, they are probably picking through it. As Beekissed said in response to one of your other posts - dogs will eat whatever they find if it has undigested foods in it or seems to be sweet to them. They're really not that fussy.

well your dogs/chickens are not my dog/chickens and you dont really know how my yard looks and what i feed my pets.. and ufcorse i free range my birds! but im not super lazy so i clean up the horse/dog poop... why wountent i? and i have seen one of the horses poop rate in front of the chickens which i dident bother to clean up to see if the chickens would eat it.. and they dident so i dont think you sould not go around telling people you dont even know what to do...
hmm.png

Perhaps you should try feeding your dog more vitamins? He may be missing something in his diet which he is gaining from eating feces...
I read that mentioned often as possible cause, but that was never the problem in my experience. I think some pups just go through odd "everything is tasty" stage before they figure out better. My kitten used to chomp down on corn on the cob when he was little, and he ate my dog's poo as well. I gave them the best diet possible, along with other treats to no avail. Now my cat is the world's finickiest cat, and the only treat he'll eat is egg yolks on weekend, properly cooked, more as a ritual. The poo days are loooong gone.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Not sure what to do. I know when dogs eat their own poop you can sprinkle meat tenderizer on their food. Apparently they don't like the taste after its "processed" by their intestines. But I'm not sure you want to go feeding meat tenderizer to your other animals. Perhaps contact your vet and see if they have any advice. Maybe they are missing something in their diet that they are able to get from these items??? Just not sure

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Yep, my dogs have that habit. :idunno
I need u to know I love that pic of your chicken so much :hit It looks like a model!!!

Back
Top Bottom