How to go about with this pair of FM birds to make an all black bird similar to a true cemani?

bluenkimchi

Songster
7 Years
Sep 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I've share these same pics before on a a few thread. But i would like to know how I will go about with this pair to make an all black bird similar to a cemani chicken? The pair I have, has everything a true cemani has(black/ dark skin, meat, bones, organs, mouth, vent), only a few things are lacking, they have color feathers, that come in a variety colors, no black tongue, but mouth though. I was thinking of letting them breed for now, since my one true Cemani rooster chick is way to little and young to use(going to be several months). I don't know color class for them, but the male is quite colorful and the female is somewhat reddish brown in color. And from the parents with very similar color as my pair, all the male/sons are similar colors as mine and all female/daughters are some kind of reddish brown as my hen.

Do, you think when my true cemani cockerel is old enough to breed with the reddish hen, will some of the offspring be pure black like a real cemani is? The reddish hen does have a dark color mouth, while the true cemani cockerel lacks this black mouth and tongue trait. So would combining/ mixing the two breeds together, create some all black everything chicks, that would fit the bill for a true cemani?

Of course they won't be called true cemani, but mixes/hybrid and I'm not looking to make money off of them either, just for personal use.

Just a thought, if when crossing these two FM birds and create a color bird with all the traits of a true cemani, that would be awesome
smile.png

Would a color bird with the traits of a true cemani be called Ayam Kedu?

The pair and the true cemani male chick pics below

Note: the pair's pics are a month old, so their combs are a tad larger now for both, esp the male's comb and will be the size of a regular cemani's comb when full grown. The true cemnai male chicks pics are current.

Back
Top Bottom