How to hatch call ducklings? ***Updated questions!****

Well duck eggs do better laying down. IF your planning on using a turner then again lay them down and tape them. I have a pic posted on my website on how I taped them to the turner in a laying down position Www.lwbarnhouse.com. Click on incubating tips I posted three different ways to hatch. And that includes call ducks.

yes calls are very hard to hatch but I have had a lot of luck with putting call duck eggs under a broody hen for 28 days.

I was wondering how to get a snowy call duck from mixing calls. I think its white with butterscotch and than mix that with a gray. tell me if I'm wrong.

i actually do think ur wrong,
hide.gif

a breeder that ive contacted and placed an order for call ducks too got his snowey calls from the guy who created the color, and my breeder said that the one who created the color bred pieds, white ,and greys and ended up with a snowey.

youll probably get a color very similar though or maybe even get a snowey, idk im just going off what my breeder told me. the breeder im getting my from is Freddie of Fallcreekcalls, very well known alot of his birds win big shows in the usa

I was wondering how to get a snowy call duck from mixing calls. I think its white with butterscotch and than mix that with a gray. tell me if I'm wrong.
Yes you are wrong. White with butterscotch just makes butterscotch. Then butterscotch with a grey makes a blue fawn. Breeding whites with things just makes the color more diluted and can ruin the color of a flock quickly. But if a white is bred with the correct colors they cn make something beautiful! Like a lavender or silver. Lavender/silver are the breeding of a diluted blue with a diluted blue. Though that doesnt always work.

Last edited:
Help! I have had 5 call ducklings hatch and lost 2 that had almost zipped out. I know there are a few more that are peeping and pecking but have not pipped out externally. Should I do something to help them out?

Help! I have had 5 call ducklings hatch and lost 2 that had almost zipped out. I know there are a few more that are peeping and pecking but have not pipped out externally. Should I do something to help them out?
Will give you over to hopefully a member who is experienced with hatching Calls @Lacrystol Hope she is on today, hang on..

[COLOR=FF0000]Help!  [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]I have had 5 call ducklings hatch and lost 2 that had almost zipped out.  I know there are a few more that are peeping and pecking but have not pipped out externally.  Should I do something to help them out?[/COLOR]

Ok what are they doing right now

Back
Top Bottom