How to hatch call ducklings? ***Updated questions!****

Help! I have had 5 call ducklings hatch and lost 2 that had almost zipped out. I know there are a few more that are peeping and pecking but have not pipped out externally. Should I do something to help them out?

So they have Internally Pipped?? when is the due date?

Yes....they have internally pipped. The 26th day was Sunday if we count the day we first put them in the incubator. 5 have hatched uneventfully, but when I went to take out the last hatched one I had noticed that two other eggs had zipped all the way around and died. I know I have at least 5 others chirping and rocking. I was very good during the lockdown and have only opened the incubator twice once to take out the first 4 this morning they hatched yesterday and once this afternoon to take out the one that hatched earlier this morning.

Yes....they have internally pipped. The 26th day was Sunday if we count the day we first put them in the incubator. 5 have hatched uneventfully, but when I went to take out the last hatched one I had noticed that two other eggs had zipped all the way around and died. I know I have at least 5 others chirping and rocking. I was very good during the lockdown and have only opened the incubator twice once to take out the first 4 this morning they hatched yesterday and once this afternoon to take out the one that hatched earlier this morning.

Due date was SUNDAY?? Omg, make them a safe hole immediately. If you don't know how, take tweezers or a needle and poke a hole at the air cell. Doesn't need to be a big hole, should be the size of a pen tip.

Practice, take an egg out of the fridge and practice making a hole so that you get the feel of how much pressure because to much you can smash the egg, not enough you'll never make the hole..

Hello,

I came into my classroom this morning and I can see one is still alive not so sure about the other one after making the safe hole at 4pm yesterday. I am really worried about them becoming shrink wrapped. What should I be doing next or just be patient?

Hello,

I came into my classroom this morning and I can see one is still alive not so sure about the other one after making the safe hole at 4pm yesterday. I am really worried about them becoming shrink wrapped. What should I be doing next or just be patient?

I wouldn't worry about shrink wrapping. Give them the 24 hour mark then candle them, if you don't see any thing going on we can open them up one by one to see what went wrong.

Back
Top Bottom