How to introduce goose to city park gander?

what are you feeding him/them?
I've stopped going because it upsets him, but I was feeding him wild bird seed. But I've seen people feeding them cereal, so I think I'm going to go to the next city hall meeting and discuss a "no feeding" ordinance, citing the info you guys have provided and others.

After investigating every option, I think you're right. The problem is that no one around here takes care of their animals properly or has adequate space for them. It's an impoverished county. But I'll do my best. I know this is the best option.
Pretty much any home with someone willing to take in and provide proper nutrition and care will be nicer than being a domestic animal at a city pond, chronically malnourished - slow starvation is an apt description of what those birds undergo. If possible, it would be great if you could get the community to support and help you in rounding up all the domestic birds there and finding them homes.

I've stopped going because it upsets him, but I was feeding him wild bird seed. But I've seen people feeding them cereal, so I think I'm going to go to the next city hall meeting and discuss a "no feeding" ordinance, citing the info you guys have provided and others.
Cereal and bird seed certainly isn’t the best diet for a domestic goose but it’s far better than nothing at all.

After investigating every option, I think you're right. The problem is that no one around here takes care of their animals properly or has adequate space for them. It's an impoverished county. But I'll do my best. I know this is the best option.
I know how that goes, it's a tough situation. I wish you luck.

Back
Top Bottom