How to keep a rooster from crowing early in the morning (till 7am)

I was wondering how well this worked or you. I am in the EXACT same situation...next door neighbors can't hear my roo, I can't hear him, no one in my house can hear him but a neighbor 3 yards and one street over (roughly 1000feet) is being woken up by him (supposedly
hmm.png
) threatened to have a petition started to get my boy taken away..there are other roos in the neighborhood (it is legal to have him) and she's only making a stink about mine. tried to smooth things over but shes one of those "no winning with this one" types. Was going to try a roo box and hope for the best. hope yours worked out!!
Motherhen, I'm having the same issue too! Grouchy neighbor with a chip on his shoulder and a petty, rule-enforcing Property owner's Assoc president. Ugh. (Roosters are allowed, but somehow he is the only one being woken up at 5:30am, over 600 feet and two tree lines away??) I just bought a No Crow Rooster Collar for my boy. It's been two days and he's been able to undo the velcro twice. So now I'm headed out to JoAnns to get some industrial 2" velcro to put around his neck. I'm supposed to have him gone by this weekend and I"m just hoping I can get him to be quiet enough that no one notices he's still around. I live on 2 acres. There is a good Youtube video for the rooster collar, check it out! Good luck to you!!!

@geowoman the no crow collar is such a funny sight to see!!
1f602.png
my boy has now trained the girls to help him get the collar off. Thankfully they were unsuccessful but the sight of my boy being basically pulled around the yard by girls half his size was hilarious. We've decided to just bring our boy in around 3-5 in the morning (the dogs wake us up at the time to go outside and relieve themselves) that way he won't crow and if he does no one can hear him because he's in our garage in a large dog crate with a blanket draped over the top. It's a win win situation for everyone and I suggest it for anyone struggling with ridiculous neighbors. My boy enjoys his few hours every early morning/late night by himself
1f604.png

I just keep mine locked in the coop. It dampens the crowing sound quite a bit. The thing is, you notice it at first but pretty soon it's just background noise. My neighbors complained to me when my rooster first got crowing. It didn't help that he had/still has the ugliest crow you've ever heard. Now they say they don't even notice it.

The rooster box is an interesting solution. Never heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom