How to sex a Chick

Read this:
http://www.ca.uky.edu/smallflocks/sex_linked_crosses.html

To get reliable results, you need to pair a fast-feathering male and a slow-feathering female. Considering that the resulting chicks are slow-feathering males and fast-feathering females, your male chicks would not be useable for future breeding of feather-sexable chicks.
Your right... thanks for the link... i guess you can't believe everything you read off the internet...

The neck thing has worked for me before and also if you hold them upside down by rhe legs if its a girl it will try to get up and if its a boy it will hang down

LOVE my barred rocks, sooo easy to sex!!! Don't know much about other breeds,I stick to the BR's and a gonna get a few Dom;s next spring, Lord willing, am on the waiting list
wee.gif
same sexing way with them as the BR's I understand! Goind all heritage next year, Lord willing!!!! I am sooo excited!!! Working hard to get things right!!!

Im a very skilled vent sexier and I can tell by the length of there wings on day one the female has a bigger wing feather and the males is short

Back
Top Bottom