how to ship?

Quote:
if you have a paypal account, you give the payee your account name and they transfrer the money to your account, when you place an ad you say you have a paypal account to pay for the eggs

Quote:
I agree with reinforcing the boxes ~ this is what the PO did to the box of eggs I got last week. Fortunately the eggs were well packaged and none were broken. Hopefully the rough handling won't affect the hatch rate.

P1090179.jpg

i'm assuming you are saying, your package to be sent? yes unless your have a mail scale then you can weigh your package at home then have your mailman pick it up or you ship flat rate (expensive and the boxes are smaller).

I ship flat rate. it is a little more expensive to some places, but that way I always know what to charge. I tried doing it standard priority but I never knew what to charge my customer. I used the calculator on the post offices website, but it was always off. Our scale is tested by the state for our chickens, so the scale at the post office must be off. If I ship an incubator or something, I have to call the lady at the post office, tell her it is longer, taller, wider, and a pound heavier than it actually is to get a close guess. It is much simpler to ship flat rate. I always know what to charge, and they pick it up at my mailbox which is nice.

i might be simpler to ship flat rate, but it is not always better, the lg. box is half the size and twice the price of reg. priority. I just sent 14 Faverolle eggs in a lg priority box and it cost 9.95 to ship from WI to OK and all I did was go to the PO

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom