how to start a emu resturant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I know I said my earlier comment was my last words on the subject but seen as we have expanded out from Emus and are now talking about domestication and survival of a species ....

We probably all agree that breeding programs for endangered species, Panda's, various Tigers, Black Rhino's etc are good for perpetuation of a species?

I personally do not believe that we can include breeding an animal for the purposes of eating it is ensuring their survival and we are the reason that the majority of animals on the endangered species list are there in the first place.

As mentioned, Aurochs are extinct and what we have left is simply a domesticated ancestor. Why? Because we hunted them to extinction in the 1,600’s . We have not ensured their survival. If we had not eaten them they may likely have survived.

Back to Emu’s .. Emu’s in an Emu Farm are not being bred for perpetuation of the species but simply for their meat and oil etc.

Granted, if by some catastrophe, all the Emu’s in Australia were to die off, there would be Emu farms in other countries that could ensure the survival of the species but I do not think we should be kidding ourselves that the current breeding to kill is ensuring their survival.

True that some pigs, varieties of cattle, sheep etc may not exist without our omnivorous nature, however we have been selfish in that we continue to breed them for our needs but, until recently, have no problem destroying the habitat of other animals that we do not wish to eat.

Breeding for food is simply serving our own purposes and not the common good of the species [in my opinion].

Sorry if that was rude but the op just wanted to ask a simple question.
Why would you want to kill them? They are such amazing creatures and are great pets. They will learn to trust you and then you make their last memory you killing them? Just think about the betrayal, they will see you as their parent, but ya know, just animals and have no feelings right?
Not being rude just think about how they feel, because they are very intelligent and sweet and actually have feelings.

You told me to watch what I say but your first response to this post was talking about how the op should not kill emus for their restaurant. The op didn't ask "what do you think about killing emus for a restaurant?" The op asked "when do u kill an emu (for meat)"
Some people might find THAT offensive.

You told me to watch what I say but your first response to this post was talking about how the op should not kill emus for their restaurant. The op didn't ask "what do you think about killing emus for a restaurant?" The op asked "when do u kill an emu (for meat)"

I didn't ask you to respond to my first comment, but yet here we are.

I just asked them to think about it before they actually do it, knowing that this person is under 18, they most likely do not understand what it takes to keep a business up and running and how they would have to kill a lot more than they most likely thought, and I stated my opinion, and if they said they would still like to make a business off of that, I would tell them the answer, but I was giving them something to think about first, I Also didn't say "you shouldn't" I said "think about what would happen if you did,"
But if you want to perceive that as telling them not to, go right ahead,

Sorry, I know I said my earlier comment was my last words on the subject but seen as we have expanded out from Emus and are now talking about domestication and survival of a species ....

We probably all agree that breeding programs for endangered species, Panda's, various Tigers, Black Rhino's etc are good for perpetuation of a species?
I personally do not believe that we can include breeding an animal for the purposes of eating it is ensuring their survival and we are the reason that the majority of animals on the endangered species list are there in the first place. As mentioned, Aurochs are extinct and what we have left is simply a domesticated ancestor. Why? Because we hunted them to extinction in the 1,600’s . We have not ensured their survival. If we had not eaten them they may likely have survived. Back to Emu’s .. Emu’s in an Emu Farm are not being bred for perpetuation of the species but simply for their meat and oil etc. Granted, if by some catastrophe, all the Emu’s in Australia were to die off, there would be Emu farms in other countries that could ensure the survival of the species but I do not think we should be kidding ourselves that the current breeding to kill is ensuring their survival. True that some pigs, varieties of cattle, sheep etc may not exist without our omnivorous nature, however we have been selfish in that we continue to breed them for our needs but, until recently, have no problem destroying the habitat of other animals that we do not wish to eat. Breeding for food is simply serving our own purposes and not the common good of the species [in my opinion].
X2 Also, animals hunt and kill because they have to so they survive, but humans use money that they could use to buy food, on feeding animals that they will kill and eat, so it's extremely different if people want to talk about the food chain, if animals could "go to the store and buy food" they would, killing to survive and killing for pleasure is different.

I'm thinking about how they feel. They feel good in my belly
1f61c.png

Wow real mature...

Oh and for the record, I eat meat and my original post, for which I publically apologised was in defence of one of our National Icons, the Emu.

I have continued to join in the discussion simply to point out that we should not kid ourselves that we are doing right by the animal or species and pat ourselves on the back for ensuring the species survival. These animals are simply being bred and killed to put food on our plate.

Right or wrong, we continue to destroy the habitat of other animals to provide us somewhere to produce what we want to eat.

I just do not kid myself that the animal had a good life or gentle death or justify my eating of the meat by saying it is ensuring the survival of the species.

We are selectively breeding species that we eat while endangering those we do not. Using the continued survival of a species as justification of their breeding for our dinner plate is what I have an issue with.

Oh and for the record, I eat meat and my original post, for which I publically apologised was in defence of one of our National Icons, the Emu.

I have continued to join in the discussion simply to point out that we should not kid ourselves that we are doing right by the animal or species and pat ourselves on the back for ensuring the species survival.  These animals are simply being bred and killed to put food on our plate.

Right or wrong, we continue to destroy the habitat of other animals to provide us somewhere to produce what we want to eat.

I just do not kid myself that the animal had a good life or gentle death or justify my eating of the meat by saying it is ensuring the survival of the species. 

We are selectively breeding species that we eat while endangering those we do not.  Using the continued survival of a species as justification of their breeding for our dinner plate is what I have an issue with.

I get what you're saying, I'm just saying that people put animals hunting for survive and people eating for pleasure, but I eat meat too I was just saying.

X2
Also, animals hunt and kill because they have to so they survive, but humans use money that they could use to buy food, on feeding animals that they will kill and eat, so it's extremely different if people want to talk about the food chain, if animals could "go to the store and buy food" they would, killing to survive and killing for pleasure is different.

I do not go to the store for my meat. This perpetuates factory farming of meat, which I don't agree with. I raise chickens and turkeys, and my parents raise beef, and I trade turkeys for fresh unpasteurized milk from my friend's dairy cow, Miss Kay. I raise a large vegetable garden and involve my children in all aspects of food production and land conservation so they understand how to care for the land and have it care for them in return. It is a symbiotic process, handed down from my grandparents. We have ranched in the area for over 100 years. Conservation is just as important as anything else to a good rancher/farmer.

I do not go to the store for my meat. This perpetuates factory farming of meat, which I don't agree with. I raise chickens and turkeys, and my parents raise beef, and I trade turkeys for fresh unpasteurized milk from my friend's dairy cow, Miss Kay. I raise a large vegetable garden and involve my children in all aspects of food production and land conservation so they understand how to care for the land and have it care for them in return. It is a symbiotic process, handed down from my grandparents. We have ranched in the area for over 100 years. Conservation is just as important as anything else to a good rancher/farmer.
i understand but the difference is, you chose to feed the animals, but they didn't chose to die, so it's not a mutual relationship, you are deciding that thier life ends, they don't "provide for you" you decide to kill them, they didn't agree to die, also, animals don't raise animals to kill them either. Death is death and either way, they suffer, some longer than others, but they suffer either way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom