How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

Pics
Those look fertile. See how the white circles in the yolks are very round, and have a basic bullseye appearance? If infertile, there would be only a tiny speck, a bit larger than the spot in the center of the bullseye. It would be solid white, not opaque on the outer ring, then translucent, then opaque in the center. The two things to pay attention to are the size and opacity of that dot.

If u open an egg and find out its fertile you can put it back in to hatch??? Please explain!!

Never mind, just read previous posts...lol...could not wrap my head around putting it back...was thinking I would break out the scotch tape or crazy glue

Last edited:
Two of my three chickens started laying on thursday. I cracked open some of their eggs this morning for breakfast. What do you all think? Can I stop waiting for my third 'hen' to start laying?

Ok... I have to ask.... I have 6 "girls".... Only 4 are laying.... Went to make breakfast this morning... And one of the eggs looked different... Please give me your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom