How to treat this?!

madisonboe

Songster
8 Years
May 11, 2014
Rio Linda, California
I came home from work to this today
DC62C24D-BAB8-43A0-8A5C-5B6877D426EC.jpeg

Basically she somehow got stuck under the chicken wire and now all he feathers under her wing are completely gone! The skin looks raw and red and I feel so bad for her. Is there anything I can do?! I can try to get a better picture of her now that she’s not stuck anymore If that helps!

I would get some vetericyn wound spray to treat it. In the meantime saline would work fine. Then coat it with plain neosporin or tiple antibiotic ointment. Place her in a dog crate with food and water. Do you think she may have been bullied by another chicken or rooster, and wedged herself under there to get away? I would get some BluKote to spray her wounds when they heal a bit, to hide the red so she won’t be pecked when you add her back to the flock. Do spend some time to find out if they are bullying her.

I would get some vetericyn wound spray to treat it. In the meantime saline would work fine. Then coat it with plain neosporin or tiple antibiotic ointment. Place her in a dog crate with food and water. Do you think she may have been bullied by another chicken or rooster, and wedged herself under there to get away? I would get some BluKote to spray her wounds when they heal a bit, to hide the red so she won’t be pecked when you add her back to the flock. Do spend some time to find out if they are bullying her.
Thank you I will get some of that right away! I already put her in a big dog crate with the other three juveniles, it seemed like they were all trying to get away from the big girls. I think we need to spend more time integrating, they were all fine for a few days I don’t know what changed but I guess we’ll go back to separation with sight only for a while longer!!

Back
Top Bottom