Hubby is not doing well. long post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alley and her family are truely in my prayers!!! I am a little concerned though since a couple days ago while I was on I noticed she or someone in her family had logged into our site. I kept refreshing waiting for an update for almost 10 minutes and then they were gone and no update. I dont have a clue why nothing was posted. I only hope it was her daughter or someone like that on playing. It is truely hard but we will go on and suport the next person who has a crisis in their family too. Jenn

Folks lets just leave this thread for now to await Alley's reply should she choose to. Speculation or infighting is not productive nor is it the support Alley needs or asked for. Constant pressure to update is not probably helpful to her either. She will post when and if she is ready/able.

I'm very sorry to hear all this. My grandfather is suffering with emphysema and has just been going through a similar scary situation so I can commiserate with your fear and anxiety.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

((Hug))

Last edited:
It's a natural reaction to want to reach out and help. Giving moral support anonymously from a distance is not how humans are accustomed to dealing with someone in crisis. That unnatural situation has been facilitated by technology. I cannot fault anyone to be tempted to bypass these artificial fetters.

Yet, we can adapt and be grateful that we can offer the support of our prayers and thoughts as Alley has requested. We can bear witness to her suffering and let her know that she is not alone. Sometimes it is the sheer loneliness that can make any trouble unbearable. We can provide that small comfort.

I am sure that everyone here has come to terms with this and will push on and offer our support in the only way that we can. I hope that Alley and her family understand that we can respect their privacy. For now, I only ask that we stand together in respect, because the task is important. Let us not loose focus of the fact that faraway a tragic story is unfolding, and we have a small but valuable role. Those who wish to take up this mantle, should do so without complaint, censure or rebuke.

Alley did warn us that she may not be able to keep up with posting. From her words it is also clear that she is under far more burden right now than any of us, and that is understandable. Let us not be silent because she is silent. Let us instead increase the fervor and potency of our support by working together in good fellowship to wish her and her family well.

I do believe that God does hear each prayer, but gives special consideration when His children come together and pray as one.

K

edited for a typo... i really am a klutz.

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree! Please lets stop the argument and do what we are here to do and that is to pray for Davy, Alley, the kids, and his parents.

Oh Lord, please hear us pray. We pray that Davy is improving, and strength for the entire family to get through this trying and difficult time.

Prayer.jpg

Quote:
I am sorry, I cannot pass the it off that easily. To contact anyone from a forum at anytime in this manner is totally inexcusable UNLESS the poster has invited it by making her personal information public. Our emotions and concern are secondary to shaking Alley's sense of security by calling her home. It is darn near close to stalking. I can tell you from recent personal experience it is dang scary to have someone who could be ANYONE know who you are, where you live and intrude in you home via phone, mail or showing up in person. The line was crossed, and in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom