Hubby is not doing well. long post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Alley,
I have been idle here but just read this thread, well its a bit more than a thread isnt it. its your life!

I am so so sorry that you are going through this uphill struggle. I have tears picturing you sitting there with your dear husband willing him to regain his strength.
I am so glad that you have your laptop and can talk us through it with you so you are not alone in your prayers, we are all here with you.
Thank the Lord that you did drive to the new hospital to get better treatment, you are so strong and you are holding it all together.

I just dont know what to say but to wish you both the best and I want to see him back home with you and the family asap.
My healing prayers are coming across the ocean to you.
HelenX

Alley,

I'm glad Davy's heart is good. Hopefully they can figure out his lungs. I pray that the new doctor is excellent and has some really great ideas that help Davy!

Don't worry about your posts rambling. We understand and it is good for you to get it off your chest/shoulders. You need to stay strong for Davy, the kids, and your in-laws but, with us you can feel free to pour out your fears, ramble, or whatever you need to do. We understand and are here for you.

I know you want to stay awake as much as you can when you are with him but, please remember you need rest and food to stay strong for him.

Kitty
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Yes Alley, Kitty is right, thats what I wanted to say too, Try and get a power nap when someone else arrives, to recharge your batteries too.
And please dont hesitate to talk with us at anytime of the night or day, we are right here by your side.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif

Alley, do you have any pictures of Davy in his room? The reason I ask is that I read once that hospital staff "relate" more (and perhaps try harder) for a patient if they can see more than just the medical condition. It's terrible the way we talk about patients. They're "The PE in 502." or "The Hip Fracture in 212." It certainly can't hurt for the staff to be thinking of "Davy, father of three young kids, in room X." You need a pep rally in his room!

Just a thought. . .

I'm sending many more healing thoughts your way))))))))

I, too, have been following this thread closely, with tears, but have not posted because I felt I had nothing to contribute. But I can't be silent any longer. I so feel your fear and pain. I nearly lost my husband about 3 years ago when he had open heart surgery. He, also, was kept very close to the nurses station while in ccu. Our kids are grown and live far away and we had no close family, so I was all alone. I could not/refused to imagine life without him. So I feel your pain. I thank God that dh pulled through and is doing fine today. And I pray that Davey will be fine in a short time also. But he is not the only one who needs you during this time. You have his babies to care for too. You are so blessed to have his parents to help you, how they must be hurting. Just one thing I would suggest, next time you have someone else sit with Davey, go somewhere, maybe up to the roof, and cry. Yell and scream at God and cry some more. You need to let it out then get that power nap. You will feel so much more rested and able to cope and make wise decisions. Be strong for Davey, the kids, the folks, but let yourself cry and scream once in a while. You need that. Take another look at my signature and remember, there are many more of us on here that don't post but are praying for you and Davey and your family.
hugs.gif

:aww

There hasn't been a day go by that I do not check here... My heart is with you.
BeckyLa is right... there are many of us here... one big hug... so many shoulders and if we could do anything we would. You are not alone. We care.

Im thinking of your family and I hope that your DH will start breathing on his own soon.
hugs.gif

Chel

Thanks for checking in with us...
Keeping him under is something that they'll do for the ventilator...

At least his heart is going strong..that's a good thing.

Keep holding his hand and know that we're holding yours from far and near.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom