Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

That's an awesome idea!!! What's the station? Have you see how much chicken stuff (information and people) are on FB? There are a few serious breeders in the area. I bet you could also get judges from the shows to be guests. You could cover topics from pets, production birds, to show birds, processing & breeding. Laws and regulations. There's an endless array of topics. I love the idea!

I too love the idea! Go for it.

anyone have a white silkie or white silkie chick they are willing to part with?

I have one that was hatched on 10/3. I'm not 100% sure on sex and comb is coming in kinda reddish.

Thank you Rubynala97 for the 5 silkie eggs and the grand tour! I also recently recieved some silver spitzhauben hatching eggs in the mail from a woman I VT... Although all air cells look horrible and 3/12 were bashed:( HOPEFULLY I'll know what to expect in late January as I plan to set the incubator TONIGHT! Anyone else in the area have eggs? I've decided I won't keep roosters but rather hatch and keep fine hens, I'm also happy to hatch eggs for people near Garrison/Beacon NY region. Happy holidays and a blessed new year!

Thank you Rubynala97 for the 5 silkie eggs and the grand tour! I also recently recieved some silver spitzhauben hatching eggs in the mail from a woman I VT... Although all air cells look horrible and 3/12 were bashed:( HOPEFULLY I'll know what to expect in late January as I plan to set the incubator TONIGHT! Anyone else in the area have eggs? I've decided I won't keep roosters but rather hatch and keep fine hens, I'm also happy to hatch eggs for people near Garrison/Beacon NY region. Happy holidays and a blessed new year!

Good luck on the hatch! Keep me posted!! :fl

there they all are! The 5 silkie eggs across the back and the 12 spitzhauben 3 of which were severely damaged but not leaking so I sealed them off with some candle wax!

Awesome! I love the pic and getting to see all the eggs! :fl for the cracked ones. I checked that egg that I accidentally cracked and it's still alive! And I've been turning it, gently, side to side, like you suggested! Lockdown Monday. I hope it makes it!

Back
Top Bottom