Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

For anyone who's interested, I have hatching eggs from a mixed laying flock available for sale. A dozen eggs for $10 or 2 dozen for $15 (when available). Can also through in some purebred Silkie eggs, when available.

I also have an automatic egg turner for sale. It's for the LG incubator and was only used for one season, but I have a new incubator now. $30.

I also have some Silkie and EE chicks available.

Hi everyone! I just moved to Big Indian and will be starting a flock in the next couple months. I am a newbie to all of this but super excited to learn. I'm going to keep poking around the site but I wanted to say hello to my chicken neighbors!

Hi everyone! I just moved to Big Indian and will be starting a flock in the next couple months. I am a newbie to all of this but super excited to learn. I'm going to keep poking around the site but I wanted to say hello to my chicken neighbors!

Welcome! Big Indian is not to far from me. Good luck with your flock. We are hear to help/enable ;)

Havent been on in a while but I'm looking for muscovey ducks females lost my girls to a dog burglar...my dog to be specific.

I'm sorry about your ducks. Just had to replenish my small flock of chicks due to a rascally raccoon and a few unexplained illnesses. I love the chickens,but find it hard to deal with the inexplicable deaths--we've had some autopsied at Cornell with no answers ( I was afraid of Marek's and bird flu in a few). I posted on a different thread about raccoons, and am going to try an electric fence outside my regular fence. Anyone have any other ideas for critters?? ( besides shooting them, please). One night I even found an opossum in the coop when I went to lock up the girls--my dog got him, though, poor guy didn't have a chance in my yard.
I'm in Poughkeepsie and have a little flock of 10-- 3 buff orps, 3 barred rock, 3 RI reds,and 1 phoenix ( the sole survivor from my originals 2 yr ago). I love them and so do my neighbors!

Hi, I'm in Pleasant Valley also. How many eggs are you looking for? I have Olive Egger and Cream Legbar eggs. I have duck eggs too, Ancona and some mixed Khaki Campbell/Ancona eggs.

Hi. 6 eggs would be good. 3 of olive egger 3 of cream legbar. I won't be able to get them yet. We are borrowing incubator from a friend. Do you think you will have some in about 2 or 3 weeks?

Back
Top Bottom