Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

I love orps too...one of my favorite breeds so far.

Sheesh~ :/   I wish I'd paid more attention in biology
These eggs are from 1 black orp. and 3 buffs.
The roo is a blue orp.
Would a buff x blue = lavender?
Or would a black x blue = lavender?

With Blues you get Black,white and splashes..
Altho..when blue is bred to buff you get a beautiful mix of buff and blue feathers..so I guess it might be consider a splash?!!

Last edited:
Thank you carousel86, I will not be ordering from them again haha. I went to the my pet chicken fest today expecting to see some chickens for sale and no one came with chickens! A few people stayed for the seminar, it was actually really good!

Thank you carousel86, I will not be ordering from them again haha. I went to the my pet chicken fest today expecting to see some chickens for sale and no one came with chickens! A few people stayed for the seminar, it was actually really good!
jzervas92. Were you there with your mom? I didn't get to meet you
frow.gif

With Blues you get Black,white and splashes..
Altho..when blue is bred to buff you get a beautiful mix of buff and blue feathers..so I guess it might be consider a splash?!!
Thanks so much for posting that link Lexi! I'm in the middle of doing a thousand things right now but I'm looking forward to sitting down tonight with a glass of wine (!!) and reading it.

So far 5/7 have hatched. I'll post pictures when they're dry. There's a pretty mix of colors...a couple of dark ones, one that looks like a splash, another that looks like a lavender and maybe a buff...it'll be interesting to see how they all feather out.

We went to the South Salem event earlier. No chicken swap unless people showed up later. We couldn't stick around.

Hope you're enjoying this beautiful day !

A couple of questions::

Can I move the chicks that hatched into the brooder?

And

When can I give them some water and chick feed? They're chirping like crazy and one of them is pecking at the others' eyes. Already I have a Mr. Blue the Roo-ish PUNK.

2 hatched one passed during hatch waiting on one. I'm a fifth grade aide.
So sorry charlie :-(

We have one that pipped yesterday and still hasn't hatched. We were afraid it quit and died but we heard chirping so we're going to give it some more time.

How do you feel about Common Core? My son's teacher hates it and so do most parents I've spoken to. I'm not a fan either. My son is in 3rd grade.

Post baby chick pics when you get a chance!

Back
Top Bottom