Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Serenity Lane- I'm so sorry about your chickens. Not sure if you need more (this is a very generous group), but I've got a few extra mixed chicks you're welcome to. At least one is a Marans or Marans cross. They are 6 weeks old and out in the coop in a rabbit hutch. No longer under lights. I'm in Salt Point (Pleasant Valley).

Coupe & Lisa- Cute chicks! Hey Coupe. do you still have some Lav Orpington chicks? I'd like a few. Lisa, how many Orps did you hatch out?

Carousel- how are your Welsh Harlequins doing? I may be getting a few in a couple of weeks. No, I don't need them, just think they are so pretty.

Serenity Lane- I'm so sorry about your chickens.  Not sure if you need more (this is a very generous group), but I've got a few extra mixed chicks you're welcome to.  At least one is a Marans or Marans cross.  They are 6 weeks old and out in the coop in a rabbit hutch.  No longer under lights.  I'm in Salt Point (Pleasant Valley). 

Coupe & Lisa- Cute chicks!  Hey Coupe. do you still have some Lav Orpington chicks?  I'd like a few.  Lisa, how many Orps did you hatch out?  

Carousel- how are your Welsh Harlequins doing?  I may be getting a few in a couple of weeks.  No, I don't need them, just think they are so pretty. 

Thank you. I've gotten some 3 say old chicks and I'm working on getting a pair of Jersey Giants that are around the same age as your chicks. I would love your chicks as well. I'll PM you.
Thanks!

Thank you. I've gotten some 3 say old chicks and I'm working on getting a pair of Jersey Giants that are around the same age as your chicks. I would love your chicks as well. I'll PM you.
Thanks!

Serenity Lane- I'm so sorry about your chickens. Not sure if you need more (this is a very generous group), but I've got a few extra mixed chicks you're welcome to. At least one is a Marans or Marans cross. They are 6 weeks old and out in the coop in a rabbit hutch. No longer under lights. I'm in Salt Point (Pleasant Valley).

Coupe & Lisa- Cute chicks! Hey Coupe. do you still have some Lav Orpington chicks? I'd like a few. Lisa, how many Orps did you hatch out?

Carousel- how are your Welsh Harlequins doing? I may be getting a few in a couple of weeks. No, I don't need them, just think they are so pretty.
Thanks Erica. We hatched 13 orpington chicks; they all went home with Serenity Lane yesterday
jumpy.gif

Acire67, my duckling are doing great, growing like weeds! They are 3 weeks old now. I was thinking about putting them with my 5 weeks old chicks. It will be easier on me. The only thing about duckling is that they are very mess and you have to clean their crates out every day or they will smell up your house. I'm hoping I can free range them when they get big enough. I also think that Welsh Harlequin duck are beautiful! Thank you for asking!

Having freed up more space (thankyou Serenity for Taking the Jersey Giants) I am looking for a couple NORMAL size girls to round out my little flock.

Jerseyhen- I am still interested in that Brabanter but see you also have cream legbars?

Can't get to the NJ poultry show on saturday as we are heading to Bermuda for a week. But when I get back I will be looking for 2-3 pullets....unless you figure in chicken math....!!

Would prefer to have them 2-3 months of age to make integration easier but will take chicks if anyone has these:

Frizzle anything! (so adorable) Cochin prefered
Barred Rock
Marans
Brabanter or Legbar
Orpington (color not important)

Thanks!

Barb

Serenity Lane- I'm so sorry about your chickens.  Not sure if you need more (this is a very generous group), but I've got a few extra mixed chicks you're welcome to.  At least one is a Marans or Marans cross.  They are 6 weeks old and out in the coop in a rabbit hutch.  No longer under lights.  I'm in Salt Point (Pleasant Valley). 

Coupe & Lisa- Cute chicks!  Hey Coupe. do you still have some Lav Orpington chicks?  I'd like a few.  Lisa, how many Orps did you hatch out?  

Carousel- how are your Welsh Harlequins doing?  I may be getting a few in a couple of weeks.  No, I don't need them, just think they are so pretty. 

I only have 7 chicks right now.. They were from my test hatch! I have a couple other people interested.. I'm asking $8 a chick.

Having freed up more space (thankyou Serenity for Taking the Jersey Giants) I am looking for a couple NORMAL size girls to round out my little flock.

Jerseyhen- I am still interested in that Brabanter but see you also have cream legbars?

Can't get to the NJ poultry show on saturday as we are heading to Bermuda for a week. But when I get back I will be looking for 2-3 pullets....unless you figure in chicken math....!!

Would prefer to have them 2-3 months of age to make integration easier but will take chicks if anyone has these:

Frizzle anything! (so adorable) Cochin prefered
Barred Rock
Marans
Brabanter or Legbar
Orpington (color not important)

Thanks!

Barb
Right now I don't have the CCL and his hens separated out, but when I hatch the blue/green eggs from the hens, I can usually tell who the daddy is, because the other rooster (dk brahma) generally gives feathered legs. At minimum you will get a colored egg layer. I only ask $2 for those since they are not separated out yet. I will be hatching pure CCL this month too though (I have 2 dozen eggs coming from a breeder in Maine). If those hatch well I will have a surplus the price will be based on what the eggs cost me, incubation, and how many hatch. I only try to get my money back, I never make any profit on the chicks I sell. I do have a brabanter earmarked for you. I still need to get you some pics. I will see if I can get them when I go do the waterers.

I only have 7 chicks right now.. They were from my test hatch! I have a couple other people interested.. I'm asking $8 a chick.

Thanks Erica~

We had 13 orpington chicks. Serenity Lane took them home on Tuesday and I'm so glad she did...I was on the verge of not being able to resist keeping them.

At the moment I have 2 broody buff orpingtons sitting on a large clutch of eggs. Not sure exactly when they became hormonal psychopaths, though. I'm guessing they'll be hatching within the next week or so.

Back
Top Bottom