Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Oh my! I have 4 eggs in an incubator that have been rattling around all day! Never did this before and excited for the hatch. day 21 will be Saturday! Unfortunately Saturdays I work the Cornwall farmers market. I will be very upset to mis the first pip and zip?
On the other note...if you are in Cornwall on any Saturday, stop by the town hall square and say hello. 10 percent discounts on any of my products to BYC members. Stop by my stall "Bonnie Brae Soaps".

Barbi
SO exciting Barbi!
If they're rocking & rolling that much, maybe they'll hatch before Saturday. Have you noticed any pips?
We've had chickens hatch on Day #20.

SO exciting Barbi!
If they're rocking & rolling that much, maybe they'll hatch before Saturday. Have you noticed any pips?
We've had chickens hatch on Day #20.

Omg omg omg....pip! Just locked down this morning..day 18. Look!

Hey all. So I got 8 outside under mama's and the power went out on day 19 and again on day 20 inside. So day 20 one hatches with a half beak...we called him lucky...day 21 two hatched. So my son was super excited n kept taking them out for a snuggle n was so cute with naming them. Yesterday we went to take them out to clean and play and lucky was dead. I told my son he flew away. I just couldn't figure a way of explaining it to him. So he cried n told me to find him outside n yell at him. Bad part is lucky was the most yellow chick we ever had so he is distinct and I can't slip a Marans from outside inside. I'm tempted to go buy one at a store if I could find them someplace. We all know how chicken math is though...

Awwww so sorry about lucky. How old is your son? This is just my opinion but having animals is a wonderful way to teach children about the circle of life. Birth AND death. Hugggzzz

Barbi

Good morning I need to regime 2 of my chickens if anyone would take them. They are a RIR and a white leghorn. RIR lays every day. The leghorn lays every/every other day but her eggs are the size of lemons. Please let me know if someone can take them.

Back
Top Bottom