Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

I live outside of Kingston, so thought I'd throw this out and see if I get lucky...

I'm looking for Welsummers. Would consider hatching eggs, chicks, or adult birds.

I am also looking for - right now! - something interesting to pop into the incubator. I'm looking for 6 (or so) eggs in the next day or two, open to breed, but don't want to travel far. So, Kingston, Esopus, High Falls, Woodstock, New Paltz, etc. Anyone?

I live outside of Kingston, so thought I'd throw this out and see if I get lucky...

I'm looking for Welsummers. Would consider hatching eggs, chicks, or adult birds.

I am also looking for - right now! - something interesting to pop into the incubator. I'm looking for 6 (or so) eggs in the next day or two, open to breed, but don't want to travel far. So, Kingston, Esopus, High Falls, Woodstock, New Paltz, etc. Anyone?

I don't have Welsummers, but I do have interesting hatching eggs. Catskill Homesteaders - my breeding project for locally adapted, winter hardy, dual purpose "eye candy" chickens, great foragers & lay both brown & green eggs.
But, we're like 1 hr 30 min from Kingston, probably too far.

I don't have Welsummers, but I do have interesting hatching eggs. Catskill Homesteaders - my breeding project for locally adapted, winter hardy, dual purpose "eye candy" chickens, great foragers & lay both brown & green eggs.
But, we're like 1 hr 30 min from Kingston, probably too far.
Yeah, that's too far. Though your chickens are beautiful and just what I was looking for!

I thought I would throw it out there that I have a six week old welsummer roo. While I cannot be 100% it is a roo....the signs are pointing that way. I'd love to see him in a good home. I have other Roos if someone is interested. I understand that they might become dinner for someone. The other five Roos are random. One is a frizzled if someone is interested. Not asking any money.

Free to whoever can get them first: one pure cream created legbar rooster (hatched in February and just started crowing) and one CCL cross welsummer rooster same age.

I'm in continental village zip 10524

I also have one silkie boy for sale from @rubynala97 line. He's a light silver partridge (possibly blue partridge) and has beautiful feet 5 toes no webbing. His mouth is grey (that's why we think he might be blue partridge) I'm looking for $20 or best offer. Local pickup only. He's from a January 2016 hatch and just started crowing. Pet or show home only, he's too sweet to be eaten. He comes to my husband in the evenings to be picked up and put to bed and is carried by my kids all the time. Pm me for pics and details on this guy.

Also I still have the 3 Icelandic, 4 amaraucana bantam and 1 teeny tiny OEGB ... Best offers considered

Just trying to sell these locally thank you
Kate

thanks. I'm no where near having an address, I'm still in the Research faze of this project. I just don't want to waist too much time on towns that are going to be unfriendly to my girls. I guess there's no getting around doing old fashioned leg work.

If anyone has any suggestions of towns they LOVE, let me know. :frow  Thanks.

All The Rivertowns allow chickens-Hastings on Hudson/Dobbs Ferry/Irvington.

SOLD! THANKS!! Hello! I am in Beacon and I have two Buff Orpingtons and one Austalorp hen that I am selling. They are 6 1/2 weeks old and doing great! Rate is $45 for all three or $18/each. I am offering the discount for all three because I would love to keep them together! Feel free to contact me with any questions!

Last edited:
Free to whoever can get them first: one pure cream created legbar rooster (hatched in February and just started crowing) and one CCL cross welsummer rooster same age.

I'm in continental village zip 10524

I also have one silkie boy for sale from @rubynala97 line. He's a light silver partridge (possibly blue partridge) and has beautiful feet 5 toes no webbing. His mouth is grey (that's why we think he might be blue partridge) I'm looking for $20 or best offer. Local pickup only. He's from a January 2016 hatch and just started crowing. Pet or show home only, he's too sweet to be eaten. He comes to my husband in the evenings to be picked up and put to bed and is carried by my kids all the time. Pm me for pics and details on this guy.

Also I still have the 3 Icelandic, 4 amaraucana bantam and 1 teeny tiny OEGB ... Best offers considered

Just trying to sell these locally thank you
Kate

Back
Top Bottom