Human foods that are safe for make-shift supplements

Bluepheonix13255

Chirping
Oct 4, 2021
Knoxville, Tennessee
I had a health issue with a year old hen, I have copied the relavent info just hereafter.
her comb is a bit pale, though her breast bone is no different to her mer hefty flock mates. I don't think it's servere enough for a diagnosis, but her symptoms see to fit Perosis, and the heat likely pushed her to the point of being a little alarming. As per that article, treatment is bholine, B vitamins, and manganese. I may as well be an off the grid homesteader because this site is the only resource I have access to for my chickens. Anyone know any human food that's safe for them and provides these? Obviously extreme moderation is key, but this is the only way I can think to get any supplements into her, as I have no access to prescriptions or anything.

I give my chooks scrambled eggs, crushed eggs shells, and sometimes electro lights.
when they are under the weather, my chickens haven't ever been very sick, but it doesn't hurt to give it a go.

I had a health issue with a year old hen, I have copied the relavent info just hereafter.
her comb is a bit pale, though her breast bone is no different to her mer hefty flock mates. I don't think it's servere enough for a diagnosis, but her symptoms see to fit Perosis, and the heat likely pushed her to the point of being a little alarming. As per that article, treatment is bholine, B vitamins, and manganese. I may as well be an off the grid homesteader because this site is the only resource I have access to for my chickens. Anyone know any human food that's safe for them and provides these? Obviously extreme moderation is key, but this is the only way I can think to get any supplements into her, as I have no access to prescriptions or anything.
Egg whites have selenium, and kelp powder has manganese.

Back
Top Bottom