Humidity and temp question, Nurture Right 360

Sooo cute!!!!
Ooh, I'm seeing conflicting information so I'll ask y'all. :) I know the chicks in there are okay until everybody hatches, 72 hours to feed off the yolk etc etc, but are they okay at 98.6 degrees or will they be too hot? The other eggs still need to hatch so I don't really want to change the temp but I'm hoping the hatched ones will be okay.

Ooh, I'm seeing conflicting information so I'll ask y'all. :) I know the chicks in there are okay until everybody hatches, 72 hours to feed off the yolk etc etc, but are they okay at 98.6 degrees or will they be too hot? The other eggs still need to hatch so I don't really want to change the temp but I'm hoping the hatched ones will be okay.
They are fine at whatever temp it is. No need to change the temp. I normally take them out around 24 hrs. But others leave them for the 72

They are fine at whatever temp it is. No need to change the temp. I normally take them out around 24 hrs. But others leave them for the 72
Okay awesome, thank you so much! The first few to hatch act like they're ready to be fully fledged chickens now, haha, but a fourth one just popped out and I'd just as soon wait until morning. Just don't want them to dehydrate. You read so many things it's hard to know what to do! I'm just ecstatic that they made it! Phew!

Okay awesome, thank you so much! The first few to hatch act like they're ready to be fully fledged chickens now, haha, but a fourth one just popped out and I'd just as soon wait until morning. Just don't want them to dehydrate. You read so many things it's hard to know what to do! I'm just ecstatic that they made it! Phew!
Any eggs left to hatch?

They will be fine. It is amazing how fast they get their little feet working.

Any eggs left to hatch?

They will be fine. It is amazing how fast they get their little feet working.
One just came out with a tiny red spot at the navel and the umbilical cord still attached to the shell. I didn't open the incubator because I've got one more zipping that's making good progress, and it was able to break off a little piece of the shell to drag around with it, but I'm concerned about it ripping. It sure is loud, but thankfully it's dark so I turned off the light so nobody will pick at the red. Give it time to dry. Probably the higher humidity I was wondering about? Only 50% but hm... Hoping the last one hatches fine. I'm going to bed. ;)

(Also one egg was developing fine when I candled it but has had no pips or movement. When I take the fluffers out in the morning I will check out that egg. ♥️)

🥰 x 6

Attachments

• PXL_20240512_021305701.jpg
    PXL_20240512_021305701.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240512_021223112.jpg
    PXL_20240512_021223112.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240512_021046652.jpg
    PXL_20240512_021046652.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 3

Back