Humidity for Incubating ducks

Chriswardens52

Songster
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
DuckVille Montana
OK I am sick and tired of all of these different answers. What should the humidity be for hatching duck eggs . Please an answer quickly would be much apreciated.
smile.png

Sorry, but every body has there own opinion and experience. Just whats right for you might not be right for some. I would start at 50% keeping an eye on the air sac, if it starts to increase to rapidly i would bump up the humidity, if it isn't going fast enough i would drop it. Then for lockdown 70%-75% to prevent shrink wrapping.

The reason you are getting different answers is because the humidity levels needed can be different depending on where you live- ( climate) what kind of incubator is being used as well as level of experience of the person hatching.
Watching and marking the size of the aircells as the incubation progresses will give you a good indication if you have enough humidity. Personally I aim for 55% during the first 25 days then up to 80% and alter as required depending on aircell size.

If you washed the eggs you need higher humidity like 60-65%, and you need to increase humidity last week... I read in CH book, but it talks about wet bulb readings so I can't translate those.....

Just make sure you take good notes on everything you do during your hatching. If it goes well, then you know what will work for you. If it doesn't, then you can look back and change something for the next hatching. That is why there is such a difference in what people do. It is what works for them. I keep a notepad next to my bator. I write down the time and day I start. I keep track of the times I hand turn everyday and since the eggs are marked with X, O, A, and B, I write down what letter is up during the longest time during the night so the eggs won't be in that position the next night. I write down what day I candle and what I see. Good Luck to you.
thumbsup.gif

My best results have come from washing and dry incubating all my eggs. Like others have said, u have to find what works best for u. But I can say these methods and knowing my environment and equipment has helped me most.

Back
Top Bottom