Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Idaho
I am soooooo ticked off!!!
somad.gif
hit.gif
rant.gif
The Hunger Games has totally token over my sister. Every single time I talk to her she is talking about hunger games. Examples- I was trying to talk to her about prom dresses and she started going off about the katness dress. I tried talking to her about a book I was reading and she started talking about hunger game books. I tried talking to her about SCHOOL and she randomly brought up the hunger games!! I tried to talk to her about her hunger game obsession and she yelled at me saying she doesn't know what to do! She says 'so what do you want me to do? Just not like the hunger games?'! I don't care if she likes the hunger games! Just don't obsess over it! I think shes obsessing over it because of peeta and gale..Of course she wont admit it..I use to be able to talk to her about everything! But now, the hunger games have token over her life! She has 3 posters, all three books, preordering the movie, always online looking at hunger game stuff...OBSESSED!! Any advice? I would like a sister back
idunno.gif

Sounds like typical fan craze. Most people die off a few weeks after the movie but some people take a bit longer to quit the obsession. I had a few friends who did the same thing when Twilight came out. Eventually they stopped. The more time we spent time out doing things the quicker they seemed to forget about it.

Sounds like typical fan craze. Most people die off a few weeks after the movie but some people take a bit longer to quit the obsession. I had a few friends who did the same thing when Twilight came out. Eventually they stopped. The more time we spent time out doing things the quicker they seemed to forget about it.
Haha, yep. I have a feeling its not going to die off for a couple years until all three movies come out..Let's hope she out grows it!!! I honestly don't get what the big deal is about it! lol

It will pass and something else will get her attention.I read that due to the movie archery classes are swelling.My kids have been taking classes through school for the last few weeks.Perhaps take a class together?It is fun.

It will pass and something else will get her attention.I read that due to the movie archery classes are swelling.My kids have been taking classes through school for the last few weeks.Perhaps take a class together?It is fun.
Sounds like a good idea :)

Have her read 'Ender's Game'. Some similarities, and is a sci-fi book.. but mostly, it's just amazing, and I firmly belive reading it will fix her problem.. in fact.. I think everyone here should read Ender's game :)

How old is your sister? I'm guessing the craze will pass.. at least until the next movie ;)

Have her read 'Ender's Game'. Some similarities, and is a sci-fi book.. but mostly, it's just amazing, and I firmly belive reading it will fix her problem.. in fact.. I think everyone here should read Ender's game :)

How old is your sister? I'm guessing the craze will pass.. at least until the next movie ;)
Haha hoping! She's 15

15! The prime age for being swept up in such a craze! Crossing my fingers for you, but you may need to call upon some ancient voodoo to break that curse
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom