Hyline breed

tcbfan5

Songster
11 Years
Oct 19, 2008
Kansas
Can someone please give me any info on the Hyline breed? Is it like a sexlink? I can't really find anything to help me out with all the facts of this type of chicken other than good egg layers, & docile.

Hyline is not a "breed." It is the name of a company that produces a patented cross-bred (hybrid) layer. Actually, they have more than one, at least two that I know of: a brown egg layer and a white egg layer. The exact "recipe" for these birds is probably a trade secret or something but probably involves Leghorn and RIR bloodlines in some combination. Maybe someone here knows more than I do about commercial layer types.

((Hopefully im gonna bump this post))

The previous response gave a little insight, can anyone else?

Quote:
Here is the man in charge of sales for Kansas.

Texas Production Site
Bryan, Texas 77805
Voice: 979-822-3781
Fax: 979-822-7915

Sales
Jerry Autry
email: [email protected]

Area Covered:
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Missouri
Oklahoma
Texas
New Mexico

If I could have a roo, I'd get a roo from their W-98 strain and I'd add some of their Silver-Brown females to my flock.

I wonder if they supply stock for McMurray, Welp or Ideal?

I provide the Hyline breed. They are a commercial hybrid that has much research backing it up. The docile Hy-Line lays dozens of top-quality, strong shelled eggs on minimum feed intake, making her the industry’s lowest cost producer of eggs. The dependable Hy-Line generates maximum profits for the egg producer.

Ive got Hyline chickens so it is a breed the person I got them off said that they are hylines ...
Lewbylew99

Back
Top Bottom