I am going to Chicago, need tips on the best places to visit!

Smartie_Pants

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Madisonville, KY
Me and my college room mate are going to Chicago next month for a concert. We want to explore the city too. We are going to go to a few of the best tourist attractions, but we also really just want to see and experience the city. Any tips on unique or cool places to go? Would love some tips on awesome shops too.

I agree with the Shed Aquarium. Also, if the weather is nice consider doing lunch at the Signature room at the John Hancock building, it's not the cheapest place for lunch or even the best food BUT it's on the 95th floor and if the weather is clear you get a great view of the city/lake and it's cheaper than going to the top of the old Sears Tower. It's also right on Michigan Avenue so you could go shopping, see the water tower etc

Also, make sure to get some Garrett's Popcorn, they've a number of shops downtown their cheese popcorn or caramel corn are to die for (you can get them in a mixed bag too if you like that salty/sweet thing).

If the weather were warmer I'd say do one of the boat architectural tours, but I think it may be too chilly next month. The boats typically go along the river and then out on the lake, they have 60 and 90 minute tours.

Have fun!

Ok.. I looked it up... Skydeck of Sears Tower = $17. Lunch at top of John Hancock will run you between 15 & 25 (depending on what you get -- buffet is $20, entries are cheaper ..but there's tip etc). So (IMO) the John Hancock signature room is still a better deal :)
'

Need a place to stay for a budget? The youth hostel is a good one and very clean! Been to Chicago by Amtrak a few times, stayed with a good friend of ours and she put us up for a couple of nights. It was wonderful to have her around!

She took us to a very popular pizza place which I can not remember...it was delicious!

Natural History, Science, Shedd, Navy Pier, Plantinarium are all wonderful places to go to. Legoland is another one and the zoo from what I heard, is another good one. Sears Tower is also another wondeful sight to see.

Back
Top Bottom