I am just SO mad!

Quote:
Calm down we/I understand your mad as most of us would. Please do not make yourself sick.

So it is a stray, shoot the cat, and the next, and the next. If your sure the mail box is on your property remove it and throw it in their yard(check with PO first it may be illegal). Report the grass to the health dept.

So sorry your rabbit is suffering, I hope the rabbit recovers fully.
fl.gif

Quote:
Sorry - not true with the entire cat scratch fever thing. My DD did not have a compromised immune system nor issues. Our kittens had all their shots and were up-to-date and healthy - we just were not aware they were carriers of CS.

If you get scratched or bitten by a cat that is a carrier of CS - you are more than likely going to get infected by it, period. You should be put on antibiotics immediately upon any signs because it can and WILL progress if not treated. There is no "sitting around" with CSF. I know.. I spent nearly a month in the hospital with my DD... - biopsy's, aspirations of lymph nodes, blood draws, wheel chairs, traction...and who was paralzyed from it and who to this day still has holes in her spine and hips due to it.

Going to disagree with you - based on experience.

ETA: It should be noted that MOST times - you get CS from KITTENS/CATS under the age of 1-2 years old. As they get older, it does become harder to contract it. I dont know how old this particular cat is.

Last edited:
i would trap it and relocate it!!!!!!!!!!!! But first take a pic of your scratches ok and then take the bunny to the vet if need be and they will have to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you might want to rethink going and having the scratch checked outl?
obviously rabbits and cat scratches are never a good thing but for the rabbit to react this quickly! its only been 2 days, something is wrong here.

I am glad your having the rabbit checked, baytrill will likely be prescribed. warm tea bags will help aleviate some of the goopy eye.
make tea as normal squeeze out excess fluid and apply bag right to the eye, flip bag over and apply to other eye, toss out bag. use a lint free cloth swatch for the next few days,, the tannin in the tea will help with any pain from the irritation.

There are programs for people who have no insurance, all you need do is go to the billing office and apply. they ask a few questions about income, bills etc, its not beneath someone to apply for some help.
Please reconcider having it checked out.

ETA:
I would be furious with animal control, is it not their job to remove dangerous animals? irrigardles of who does or does not own them? I would call back and ask for a supervisor, that is insane, sounds like Animal control person just doesnt want to do her job. maybe she needs to be relieved of it if she cant be bothered.

Last edited:
Quote:
I talked to the AC lady about that and she said Id have to work it out in magistrate court. I doubt anything will come of it.

Im just going to fine them anyway I can till I fine them right out of their house. They are renters and Ill make their life as miserable as they have made my bunny.

This weekend I am installing shrubs to block their trashy house and lifestyle from my view.
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR people can make me so mad!

Quote:
I talked to the AC lady about that and she said Id have to work it out in magistrate court. I doubt anything will come of it.

Im just going to fine them anyway I can till I fine them right out of their house. They are renters and Ill make their life as miserable as they have made my bunny.

This weekend I am installing shrubs to block their trashy house and lifestyle from my view.

I'd still do what Horsejody stated and MAKE AC cite them - its the law and you have the right to do so. Just like if you got caught feeding stray cats..they become your cats, right?

Dont take no for an answer... and if all else fails - contact the owner of the house since they are renters. Maybe they're not supposed to have animals. I hate to see a family get kicked out of their home, times are hard enough right now as it is for people - but perhaps having animals is against the lease agreement.

You also need to look at it from how you would feel if you got kicked out of your house I think.... but thats JMO on this instance.

hugs.gif
to you.

Quote:

Notify the landlord. Tell him that they are keepiing a cat on the property and it attacked you. Once he has been notified of the problem animal, he will most likely have to share liability for future problems. Even if they deny ownership, he has been notified. Feral or pet, if he doesn't evict or exterminate, he might have liability. He may already be having problems with them as tenants, so maybe that will be the last straw for him to not renew their lease.

Hey, I just had a devious idea. Go to the next county to a Petsmart. Get one of those pet tags made up. Print on it:
Tinkerbell
Neighbor's name
Neighbor's phone #

Put it on a cheap collar. Catch the cat and put the collar on it. Then call animal control.

Back
Top Bottom