I am WOMAN..... as I beat my chest show you pictures of my coop!!

Going well! Good to see you had the patience for an A frame roof. I cheated and put a flat sloped roof, even though I wanted a gable roof. I didn't really think I'd be keeping these chickens, but I guess they're here to stay. Can't wait to see the updates!!

big_smile.png
Awsome! love seeing stuff like that!

Quote:
Thanks~ I think I was definately blessed with patience, it's a good example for the children so I'm hoping they are taking some notes~ because they surely won't get that from their father's side!!
gig.gif
My dad when I was originally telling him what I want to build was a little concerned it may be to difficult so he suggested a flat sloped roof~ I knew I was keeping these chickens for sure so I wanted to make a awesome little house for them! lol And besides part of the plan was that it kinda look like a playhouse for my children! Haha So you didn't think you would be keeping the chickens?? They grow on you don't they!!
D.gif
I will definately post updates
big_smile.png

Really great job! Having a 2 year old at home and the weekends jam-packed with kid activities kept me from wanting to do it ourselves so we opted to have a shed built and converted (plus I wanted 8x10 and that was a little intimidating!). But my DH and I are putting together (just assembling) a playset for our youngest DD and I'm having so much fun I'm ready to built a small coop just for the heck of it!!

I loved the idea a poster gave about lining the underside of the nestbox hinge with rubber to keep weather out - I'll have to try that.

Good for you! I've done a bit of home maintenance, but was never prepared to tackle the job you did. My son is building my coop.....but now you've got me thinking of getting a lot more involved! You're an inspiration girl!

Back
Top Bottom