I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Hi. Can someone please let me know how to tell the difference between the Welsummer and the Penedesenca pullet. I bought two pullets that were suppose to be Penedesencas but now that they are getting older they are starting to look more like a Welsummer.
Thank you
20170715_175742.jpg
20170715_175746.jpg
20170715_175815.jpg

Thoughts on this polish? Wondering if it's hen or roo..
How old is it? Looks like a Pullet so far.

Hi & TY. I have a question though. My daughter in law said... she saw this one on top of another like they were mating. Is she wrong? Or is this bird confused about life? lol. Or... is this behavior indicative of something else?
Sometimes alpha hens mount other hens, usually only when there isn't any rooster in their flock.

I have four black silkie mixes. I think two are male and two female. The first pic I think is a male. And I couldn't get a pic but the other supposed-male looks just like this one. Walnut comb, bigger size.

The second and third are supposed females. Thoughts?

View attachment 1092121
View attachment 1092122 View attachment 1092123

I think your guesses are right.

Hi Sarah, It's me AGAIN with another suspected He/She Easter Egger. I posted a new message already on the forum because I couldn't find this thread, but now I did. What are your thoughts on this pretty boy (or girl)?.... I'm terrible at guessing. :-( Once again, THANK YOU in advance!
Forgot to mention... this bird is 11 weeks old.

Pullet

View attachment 1092375 We got this Rhode Island Red from a feed store about 5 weeks ago and were told the chicks were about one week old and 98% sexed as going to be hens...we also got a crested polish and an ameracauna...well the RIR is the only one so far that has developed a comb and wattles...its legs/feet are considerably thicker than the other two... not sure if this is just differences in the types of breeds or did we end up with a rooster? Any input would be helpful as I am new to the chicken game

Most likely a cockerel

Can you determine the breed of my chickens?
Here are pictures§ https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-identfying-chicken-breeds.1189446/

#1 and #2 look like they might have Easter egger or game in them. I'm not sure about #3.

Back
Top Bottom