Are these Olive Eggers ??

The Five O

Chirping
Apr 1, 2024
Making another post for another breed of chicks I purchased recently. I was told that these are Sapphire Olive Eggers and that they are sex linked pullets. Any information is appreciated because I’ve seen some say the white spot on the head indicates a cockerel and others say it indicates a pullet . Thank you !! (The brown is a Starlight green egger)

Attachments

• IMG_7111.jpeg
    IMG_7111.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7260.png
    IMG_7260.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7261.png
    IMG_7261.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7257.png
    IMG_7257.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7258.png
    IMG_7258.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7259.png
    IMG_7259.png
    2 MB · Views: 15
I was told that these are Sapphire Olive Eggers and that they are sex linked pullets. Any information is appreciated because I’ve seen some say the white spot on the head indicates a cockerel and others say it indicates a pullet .
If the "breed" variety is accurate and they are indeed sex linked.. the white head spot would indicate cockerels.

The brown one looks like my olive easter egger when it was a baby. But you'll know when they get older if they only lay green eggs.
The brown one in these pictures I was told is a starlight green egger lol but once again tractor supply has no clue what’s going on and they put different breeds all together so there’s a very good chance it is an olive egger also. I will keep you posted for sure !

I’ve gone to another local store that’s very reputable and they also have the olive eggers , they said the olive eggers are sexed all females . Every single one of them in the cage has the white dot on the head .
Just realized I was confusing a different Sapphire variety chicken for these.

Sapphire Olive Egger females can be Barred as well as cockerels. So there's no Sex-linking.

Just realized I was confusing a different Sapphire variety chicken for these.

Sapphire Olive Egger females can be Barred as well as cockerels. So there's no Sex-linking.
Haha no worries, yeah it all depends on which one the mother or father is. So only the breeder really knows that answer .

Update on my sapphire olive egger now around 3 weeks old maybe a little more .

Attachments

• IMG_7521.png
    IMG_7521.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7522.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom