I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I have four black silkie mixes. I think two are male and two female. The first pic I think is a male. And I couldn't get a pic but the other supposed-male looks just like this one. Walnut comb, bigger size.

The second and third are supposed females. Thoughts?

IMG_1120.PNG

IMG_1121.PNG
IMG_1122.PNG
Are you wondering if you have a pullet or a cockerel? Post your pics here!
I can sex them!

Hi Sarah, It's me AGAIN with another suspected He/She Easter Egger. I posted a new message already on the forum because I couldn't find this thread, but now I did. What are your thoughts on this pretty boy (or girl)?.... I'm terrible at guessing. :-( Once again, THANK YOU in advance!
Forgot to mention... this bird is 11 weeks old.

Attachments

• _DSC6389.jpg
    _DSC6389.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • _DSC6396.jpg
    _DSC6396.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 7
  • _DSC6400.jpg
    _DSC6400.jpg
    893.1 KB · Views: 6
  • _DSC6369.jpg
    _DSC6369.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 7
  • _DSC6377.jpg
    _DSC6377.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 6
  • _DSC6379.jpg
    _DSC6379.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 6
  • _DSC6383.jpg
    _DSC6383.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 6
  • _DSC6363.jpg
    _DSC6363.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 7
  • _DSC6365.jpg
    _DSC6365.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 6
  • _DSC6367.jpg
    _DSC6367.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 6
  • _DSC6368.jpg
    _DSC6368.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 6
IMG_1968.JPG
We got this Rhode Island Red from a feed store about 5 weeks ago and were told the chicks were about one week old and 98% sexed as going to be hens...we also got a crested polish and an ameracauna...well the RIR is the only one so far that has developed a comb and wattles...its legs/feet are considerably thicker than the other two... not sure if this is just differences in the types of breeds or did we end up with a rooster? Any input would be helpful as I am new to the chicken game

View attachment 1092375 We got this Rhode Island Red from a feed store about 5 weeks ago and were told the chicks were about one week old and 98% sexed as going to be hens...we also got a crested polish and an ameracauna...well the RIR is the only one so far that has developed a comb and wattles...its legs/feet are considerably thicker than the other two... not sure if this is just differences in the types of breeds or did we end up with a rooster? Any input would be helpful as I am new to the chicken game
That's a cute rooster

Hi Sarah, It's me AGAIN with another suspected He/She Easter Egger. I posted a new message already on the forum because I couldn't find this thread, but now I did. What are your thoughts on this pretty boy (or girl)?.... I'm terrible at guessing. :-( Once again, THANK YOU in advance!
Forgot to mention... this bird is 11 weeks old.
That's one beautiful girl! Thanks You for posting! You are very easy to understand and very kind!

That's one beautiful girl! Thanks You for posting! You are very easy to understand and very kind!
Oh THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I am so happy to hear this. :celebrateShe is a lovely, sweet ***hen*** (haha... I've been calling him "my boy" for several weeks now). I have been very fortunate that so far, 24 out of 24 chicks appear to be pullets! I should buy a lottery ticket. LOL :D

Oh THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I am so happy to hear this. :celebrateShe is a lovely, sweet ***hen*** (haha... I've been calling him "my boy" for several weeks now). I have been very fortunate that so far, 24 out of 24 chicks appear to be pullets! I should buy a lottery ticket. LOL :D
Super happy for you!

Back
Top Bottom