I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
2 of the welsummers. I think the one on the left is a roo.

Attachments

• IMG_7413.JPG
    IMG_7413.JPG
    981.2 KB · Views: 12
Modeled Orphington's 2 of them.

Attachments

• IMG_7423.JPG
    IMG_7423.JPG
    721.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7425.JPG
    IMG_7425.JPG
    820.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7427.JPG
    IMG_7427.JPG
    620.3 KB · Views: 10
And here are the americanas. That is what they should be.

Attachments

• IMG_7431.JPG
    IMG_7431.JPG
    790.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7428.JPG
    IMG_7428.JPG
    766.8 KB · Views: 10
2 are 7 to 8 weeks old and other 2 are a month old

I still think I see two cockerels, but you should post again in a couple weeks, brahmas are hard for me to sex.

Hi, these are my cream legbar chicks. I think the first lot of pics are cockerals. And the second lot are pulletsView attachment 1093283 View attachment 1093286 View attachment 1093289

View attachment 1093290 View attachment 1093291 View attachment 1093292
Can anyone confirm.. thanks
They're still a bit young, but I think you're right.

Yes thank you! Here are the 3 Salmon.
All three are definitely cockerels.

2 of the welsummers. I think the one on the left is a roo.
The one on the left is a cockerel, the one on the right is a pullet.

Modeled Orphington's 2 of them.
Could you post again in a couple weeks? At first I thought they were pullets, but then I saw what might be pointy saddle feathers.

And here are the americanas. That is what they should be.
Easter egger pullets

I still think I see two cockerels, but you should post again in a couple weeks, brahmas are hard for me to sex.

They're still a bit young, but I think you're right.

All three are definitely cockerels.

The one on the left is a cockerel, the one on the right is a pullet.

Could you post again in a couple weeks? At first I thought they were pullets, but then I saw what might be pointy saddle feathers.

Easter egger pullets
Thank you!!

Thanks for your help! It's great to have a second pair of eyes on them. They should be around 7 weeks old now. The seller said Americauna but they were on blow-out sale and I didn't see the parents so anything goes, I guess. They sure are pretty though! These pics are a little blurry but I can get more after the weekend :)

View attachment 1035098 View attachment 1035099 View attachment 1035100
All right, I have some in the flock who are definitely roosters and a couple who are definitely hens. And then I have these guys. Wide, flat combs but no "peas" or rows at all. No behavioural traits that make me say hen or roo. The other roosters have very defined combs already so I'm really not sure on these ones. View attachment 1035034 View attachment 1035035 View attachment 1035036
They are all Ameraucana mix none have standard colors or beards or muffs when they start laying the eggs with be greenish instead of blue. Ameraucana only lay blue I have A few that look similar.

Back
Top Bottom