I can't seem to peel my hard boiled eggs - page 8 Solution!

I watched Martha Stewart the other day and her solution is simple. (Unless you need the egg whole, this works for egg salad or mixing) She cut the egg in half, took out the yolk ball and scooped with a spoon. Of course SHE made it look easy, but I have to try it to see if it is!

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but my wife has better luck peeling white eggs better than the brown ones.We have a few white egg layers so we get some of them along wiht the brown ones.

Paula Deen had this on here cooking show one day and she said " lot's of salt"!!!! And that is exactly what I do about 1/4 -1/3 cup I put in there for about 5-6 eggs and they peel like a charm....

Wow, that's a lot of salt.
ep.gif
I didn't use that much. I'll try it tomorrow when I cook a couple. Thanks.

Thank you Newnanchick.... it works like a dream.
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I used 1/4 of a cup of salt and boiled them up and voila - absolutely easy to peel.

Hope this helps everyone save a little time and not waste those precious eggs.
D.gif

Hi McGoo, had the very same frustrations during the Holidays, I found instead of salt, just a tablespoon of vinegar does the trick! That recommendation came from one of the gals in Canada, my eggs have been flawless since!
clap.gif
Place your eggs in cold water with vinegar bring to a boil turn down to simmer for 20 min. covered then rinse in cold water for 5 min. then allow to cool naturally the rest of the way or just stick them back in the frig.
yippiechickie.gif

I am glad to know that " alot" of salt helped you!!! Salt is so cheap and it really does help !!!! 1/4 cup for 5-6 eggs!!!! It works like a charm. This came from Paula Deen!!!!

Thank yall so much for the advice - I boiled a dozen of our fresh yard eggs last week - the same way that I've always boiled eggs and was disappointed. After peeling, we literally had only the yolk left to eat.

I'm so happy I found this thread - now I know it wasn't me leaving them boiling or in the ice water too long - which is what I originally thought.

Thanks again for the great advice!!!

Back
Top Bottom