I can't seem to peel my hard boiled eggs - page 8 Solution!

I've heard the same thing and that's why they are so easy to peel when hardboiled...they've dryed out.

There's nothing like a fresh egg
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I had been successful with adding 1/4 cup of salt to the water and decided to try the vinegar method.

I used 3 Tablespoons Vinegar and boiled 10 eggs this morning. I ran them under cold water and even added a few ice cubes and let them sit for about 5 minutes. Only 1 egg out of 10 peeled cleanly and they smell like vinegar - what did I do wrong?
Could it be the humidity? Just looking for a reason it didn't work for me.

I'm going back to the salt method - it worked perfectly for me.

I just boiled up 6 eggs in a pan with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and they came great. I used cold water and the acv and put in the eggs and then boiled them. Once the water started to boil I gave it 10 more minutes. Worked like a charm.

I used the vinegar method and the first egg peeled really well. Unfortunately, I refrigerated the remaining eggs and when I tried to peel them they didn't work out as well. Even the one that I left out to get to room temp still didn't peel as well as the initial egg. So I'd say if you're planning on hardboiled eggs, use the vinegar method, but make sure you peel the eggs right away.

Quote:
Well, this is great news...it's the pits setting aside a dozen eggs for two weeks, just waiting for them to age so I can hardboil them! This salt thing sounds a whole lot easier...

Amy

Back
Top Bottom