I don't know what what's happening to my chixks

chickmomnicole

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2015
Colorado
I've bought a total of 9 chicks and 3 have died in less then a week.. The first one was sick when we brought it home. We are feeding them medicated chick started and water with Apple cider vinegar. And half of their coop at 85/90 degrees. The two that died today we're fine this morning and they were my favorite they were both black australorps. They were sleeping and about an hour later they were dead and on opposite sides of the cage. I just don't know if I'm doing something wrong and I can't take it if we loose another one! Please help!

I've bought a total of 9 chicks and 3 have died in less then a week.. The first one was sick when we brought it home. We are feeding them medicated chick started and water with Apple cider vinegar. And half of their coop at 85/90 degrees. The two that died today we're fine this morning and they were my favorite they were both black australorps. They were sleeping and about an hour later they were dead and on opposite sides of the cage. I just don't know if I'm doing something wrong and I can't take it if we loose another one! Please help!

When you say that one was sick - what symptoms was it showing and did you keep it with the rest of the chicks? How old are the chicks? Have they been eating and drinking since bringing the home?

The first one was weak when we brought it home not really moving. Wouldn't eat or drink and died the next morning. It was in the brooder with the other chicks. The other two were fine eating and drinking fine this morning and even running around but got sleepy this afternoon. They were sleeping together when I left and I came back an hour later and they are both dead

Back
Top Bottom