I forgot to tell y'all about this.

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Last week when me and DH were at Medoc Mountain about an hour and a half from our town I found this on a tree on one of the hiking trails.

Thought it was kinda cool. Except the fact that some dumby carved into a tree but oh well.

Edited to delete picture.

Last edited:
Looks like some idiot just carving into a tree to me. If you want to leave a note, put a piece of paper in a glass bottle, don't deface a tree.

Yeah like a said a dumby craved into a tree, I just thought it was cool that it said '69. You know because it was a long time ago.

You shouldn't litter with glass bottles either though.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hard to say if they wrote that meaning the year. That number has other meanings too. Someone carving a tree would be the same type to use that number in a dirty way.

Last edited:
I don't want anyone thinking that I posted something that has a different meaning then it does so I deleted the picture. It never crossed MY mind that the carving had a nasty meaning. But then again, I don't think that way.

Just wanted to share but nevermind.

Well honestly I would not doubt if it was authentic from 1969. Peace signs were everywhere and on everything. I thought it was neat and the first thing that entered my mind was "I wonder who did that and where are they now". Clean country mind here I guess....lol

Quote:
You could that it was old by how much the tree had healed around it. I was thinking 1969 when first saw it and never once thought anything else.

Back
Top Bottom