I gotz...BRAHMAS! :D

so sorry! you need to contact the seller:hit
Well the chicken died of canker and we had no idea what it was so it was our fault. And then the 2nd chicken died of canker and that time we knew what it was but caught it too late.

And the people we got them from were from our friends and they were the only ones they had left. They got them from someone really far away and weren't going to get more.

They were fun to have though and we have good memories! I'd like to get some more soon. :) Just we can't find any....

Well the chicken died of canker and we had no idea what it was so it was our fault. And then the 2nd chicken died of canker and that time we knew what it was but caught it too late.

And the people we got them from were from our friends and they were the only ones they had left. They got them from someone really far away and weren't going to get more.

They were fun to have though and we have good memories! I'd like to get some more soon. :) Just we can't find any....
oh... I thought you mean't cancer...what is canker?

oh... I thought you mean't cancer...what is canker?
I can't give to most detailed reply because I'm no expert but canker is this fungus that grows in the mouth and if left untreated it will either choke or starve the chicken to death and is contagious by drinking the same water as the infected bird. Once the chicken has it it will always be passed on too.

I'm pretty sure that's the best way to explain it. :p

I can't give to most detailed reply because I'm no expert but canker is this fungus the grows in the mouth and if left untreated it will either choke or starve the chicken to death and is contagious by drinking the same water as the infected bird. Once the chicken has it it will always be passed on too.

I'm pretty sure that's the best way to explain it. :p
Oh No!!! So sorry, that is terrible!

That sucks losing both of them. If nothing you now know what to look for and how to treat it. It's always difficult to diagnose and treat something new. I hope you get some more. I have two and wanted more this year and I couldn't find any. All I could get was hatching eggs and they wanted £30 for 8! And a three week wait by post! They are so sweet, if I have a poorly hen they always stand next to them to give some company.

That sucks losing both of them. If nothing you now know what to look for and how to treat it. It's always difficult to diagnose and treat something new. I hope you get some more. I have two and wanted more this year and I couldn't find any. All I could get was hatching eggs and they wanted £30 for 8! And a three week wait by post! They are so sweet, if I have a poorly hen they always stand next to them to give some company.
Yes it is. Well I got them I *think* 3 years ago so I had the one for a little bit. :) I have two of the treatments now and they're working okay. I have over 10 chickens with mild/very mild canker that I need to treat and of course we're in one of the most busiest stages of my entire life right now. :barnie

Yes it is. Well I got them I *think* 3 years ago so I had the one for a little bit. :) I have two of the treatments now and they're working okay. I have over 10 chickens with mild/very mild canker that I need to treat and of course we're in one of the most busiest stages of my entire life right now. :barnie
Stuff like this never seems to happen at a convenient time. I hope your others will be OK. Are you using copper sulphate in the water?

Back
Top Bottom