Pearlmybirb

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2017
This is my first day on here and its already been super helpful. But i seem to need more help haha. My bird is quite antisocial as i would call it. In her first home, her owners gave her to my neighbor because she was causing problems with other chickens. In my neighbors home she was always making a lot of noise, and never slept with the other chickens in the coop. She has spurs, and has fought a rooster before, and can be aggressive with other chickens. I really feel like she needs something to do though because my backyard is quite barren. All she does is sit and eat food, and occasionally will beg to come inside. I feel bad that i can't always be there for her, so she needs a friend. I've searched all the pet adoption sites and im not sure whether any of the chickens there would work for my situation. Could anyone suggest breed types that are typically friendly or maybe that can stand up to her, places i can rescue chickens from, or things to keep her occupied? thank you

heres a picture of her feet as reference to the spurs part
Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 6.06.55 PM.png

Welcome to BYC!

Silkies are quite friendly but your hen might beat them up. Have you tried holding her and getting to know each other? That always works with my hens. I have one hen named Raven who is a nightmare but I do try to hold her and cuddle with her as much as possible.

Welcome to BYC!

Silkies are quite friendly but your hen might beat them up. Have you tried holding her and getting to know each other? That always works with my hens. I have one hen named Raven who is a nightmare but I do try to hold her and cuddle with her as much as possible.
Pearl hates animals....she loves humans haha, shes quite friendly and loves cuddles. I'll keep my eye out for silkies, ive always wanted one of those little fluffy babs :D

Pearl hates animals....she loves humans haha, shes quite friendly and loves cuddles. I'll keep my eye out for silkies, ive always wanted one of those little fluffy babs :D
Silkies are the best. They are bullied very very easily though. Two of mine got some injuries a couple days ago but they are healing. They are also great snugglers.

Silkies are the best. They are bullied very very easily though. Two of mine got some injuries a couple days ago but they are healing. They are also great snugglers.
what i find funny about that is i know a sanctuary with a very fiesty silkie. his name is elvis and he hates everyone. he just tries to kill you through the fence and its hilarious:lau

How about a bigger, different bird species? Don't know if that's a good idea or not; just a suggestion. Or what about a Welsummer, Wyandotte, Chantecler, RIR, Barred Rock, Black Australorp, New Hampshire Red, Sex Link, or OEG? I think those birds would hold their own if she tried bullying them. ?

How about a bigger, different bird species? Don't know if that's a good idea or not; just a suggestion. Or what about a Welsummer, Wyandotte, Chantecler, RIR, Barred Rock, Black Australorp, New Hampshire Red, Sex Link, or OEG? I think those birds would hold their own if she tried bullying them. ?
ill look into it thank you

Back
Top Bottom