Hatch-Along - I have babies due on Tue. Feb 19 anyone else hatching same day?

Congrats on all the baby chicks especially the first timers.
I am living vicariously through you. Will attempt this after
My first three actually start laying eggs
pop.gif
. Just awaitin
and awatchin. Have fun!

6 Silkies hatched- 3 lavenders, 1 buff, 1 porcelain, 1 blue or black split. They dried "crusty". (?) LIke dried eggs. I wanna brush them with a toothbrush.

some of the is shavings- I put them in brooder when I saw that was as dry as they were going to get.

Congrats people, well out of my fridge eggs I got a total of 7 chicks. we took pics, I am not computer skilled so waiting for hubby to put them up. the chicks names are, Jan, Helene, CeCe, Cathy, Carol, Val and Nelly. I got the names from the T.V. show... the office.

chicks are, EE/RIR mix, and 5 coocoo maran/mystery mix. the dad was CCM the moms were all different, speckled sussex, EE, RIR brown leg horn and more CCM. I have 4 oldest ones together an waiting for others to dry and get stronger.

My 7 (pullets
lau.gif
) are doing great! I set up a small wooden box bed sized for them, covered with a handmade chick sized baby quilt ( I have made dozens of them) the box raises the chicks slight towards the heat. I have been doing this baby quilt thing for chicks forever, they love them. The first 3 days they are not too messy, and I noticed the chicks really treat it as a bed and hardly mess it up. one time I saw a chick poop on it and the other chicks acted like, "whata go n'do that for?"

I can finally get some sleep until my next batch of six pop. I have them in a smaller homemade bator,8''x9'' box 15w light with heat sheild and metal bowl,holds the heat much better than a copier paper box.. been in for one week doing great! And I found the pesky draft that might got to some of the other group gggrrrr! any way air cell looking good.
thumbsup.gif

we have alot going on at our house, hubby has not posted my chickies, but these are some I have hatched in the past. the EE banty is Zippy he was the best roo! He ended up having a baby girl fridge egg, she is half EE banty and half silky. she has reg feathers like dad., with a poof, and the extra toes, and reg. skin color.

My 7 (pullets
lau.gif
) are doing great! I set up a small wooden box bed sized for them, covered with a handmade chick sized baby quilt ( I have made dozens of them) the box raises the chicks slight towards the heat. I have been doing this baby quilt thing for chicks forever, they love them. The first 3 days they are not too messy, and I noticed the chicks really treat it as a bed and hardly mess it up. one time I saw a chick poop on it and the other chicks acted like, "whata go n'do that for?"

I can finally get some sleep until my next batch of six pop. I have them in a smaller homemade bator,8''x9'' box 15w light with heat sheild and metal bowl,holds the heat much better than a copier paper box.. been in for one week doing great! And I found the pesky draft that might got to some of the other group gggrrrr! any way air cell looking good.
thumbsup.gif

I totally understand the sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom