I have been wanting to get an incubator but which one???

nessa.morg

Songster
Jun 26, 2018
I have been wanting to get an incubator for awhile so I saved up some money on the side for it. I have saved 70 dollars. I was wondering if there are any good brands of incubator for that price? What do yall have for an incubator? And what are the pros and cons for the ones yall have? I want to make sure I get a good one before I put my money into it. Thanks !

My one recommendation is to stay away from the "cheap Chinese knockoff " variety..... I started with one and it got me hooked but it didnt work near as good as the brinsea I finally got...... there is a thread about the incuview and several folks seem to swear by it, it's a little more money than you stated you have. The other one folks seem to swear by is the hova-bator..... sometimes these are available second hand.
Best of luck

Following...I am sure I have one I want picked out but it is kinda cheap and would love to hear some better options! I am wanting an auto turn so to find a auto turn that is cheap and in good condition is very unlikely....let me know if you have suggestions!

Following...I am sure I have one I want picked out but it is kinda cheap and would love to hear some better options! I am wanting an auto turn so to find a auto turn that is cheap and in good condition is very unlikely....let me know if you have suggestions!
The nurture rite 360 isn't a bad option I bought one in October to run as a backup/ keep a few eggs going in the case of a staggered hatch while I use my brinsea as a hatcher...... or I may use it to hatch in I am not sure yet.

The nurture rite 360 isn't a bad option I bought one in October to run as a backup/ keep a few eggs going in the case of a staggered hatch while I use my brinsea as a hatcher...... or I may use it to hatch in I am not sure yet.
Here is a link to one that I might get....I would love to hear feedback from you guys on it. Also this is not my thread so if you guy feel that I am asking to many Q's then let me know and I can start a new thread. I hope the Q's I am asking are helping the OP too!

Ok here is the link...let me know what you think about it: https://www.amazon.com/Incubator-Ho...ds=duck+incubator+with+automatic+turner&psc=1

mine is auto turn and inexpensive

My Nuture-Rite's automatic egg turner went south on me after one hatch. It worked when I used the test button, but not when it was supposed to do it on its' own. By the time my son realized what was wrong, I had lost an entire hatching of critically endangered Nankin eggs. That was SO sad, five perfectly forming little ones all dead in the shell just a few days before hatch. TSC took it back, no problem, so now I have a store credit & I'm saving my pennies. My next 'bator will be a Brinsea!

Back
Top Bottom