I have nothing to rant/vent about.

Quote:
I did, about 19.5 months ago I brought home a 2.5 yr old future farm girl from Siberia. Strangest thing is, she looks just like me.
smile.png

I have not adopted but I am all for it. I just wish it was more affordable for people. It has gotten so expensive that unless you are a certain class of folks, the rest of us can only dream about it.

I was adopted at 3 days old back in 1966. Babies in the US were easy to adopt and it was not so expensive. Thank God for that!!!! IF not there is no telling where I would have ended up.

Rock on guys and gals. I'm glad to see so many folks are looking to the good stuff instead of focusing on the bad stuff.

We've all been through some rough stuff and many of the comments you guys have shared, I've been through. I'm just not big on sharing the details out here in cyberspace where who knows who could be looking at it.

You have no choice in what happens to you, you can however choose how you respond to it.

Quote:
That was before Roe Vs. Wade and all that. But that's a topic we need to stay away from. Anyway, yes adoption isn't cheap. In most cases it's between 12k and 20k unless you adopt a special needs child which is cheaper initially, but will be more expensive over time caring for that child. I agree, it's far too expensive but there are some things to know. Tax breaks, some employers provide reimbersment, etc.

Another route, (I haven't checked in to it) may be to foster parent the kids, then try to adopt them. I think if you go that route, you only have to pay the leagal stuff which since the child is a "ward of the state" should be fairly inexpensive (less than 5k). But again, I haven't checked it out.

Quote:
I did, about 19.5 months ago I brought home a 2.5 yr old future farm girl from Siberia. Strangest thing is, she looks just like me.
smile.png

Sent you a PM.

I have tried that route and you do not get babies and you do not get white females. Unfortunatley the majority are boys or different races. I wont go there about 1966 but I wish it were still the way it way back then. Just think if it were different like it is now chances are that I would not be here to talk to you all.

God Bless 1966

I'm sure I could find lots to rant/vent about, it would be real easy...but instead I CHOOSE to think about things I am thankful for...the list far outweighs the bad.

We may find ourselves in a cruddy situation, but it is still our CHOICE how we respond!

Speaking of adoption...we are currently waiting for our homestudy approval from our provincial government! We are adopting through Ethiopia, and would like either boy or girl, doesn't matter. We already have 4 daughters, but I wouldn't mind another one! I know what to do with these!

Choose to enjoy today! There will be wonders waiting for discovery, if ya look!

Tanya
wee.gif

Quote:
We're in the "pool" already. The homestudy is almost done. We just have to take the CPR/First Aid classes (next week), get our physicals and we're ready to rock and roll. We chose to stay local as the waiting pool in our area is typically around 6 months. I checked the international thing, but it was going to take longer and be more expensive (once you add up incidentals; plane tickets, etc), and we aren't ready for a multi-racial family just yet. Maybe next time around.

Quote:
Tell me about it. If Roe Vs Wade was around back then I'd have 4 less uncles, 1 less aunt and 2 less cousins.

Back
Top Bottom