I have nothing to rant/vent about.

I hope that you get some wonderful children in your journey. My ex-DH and I went to all the classes, went through all the testing and never got a child to foster. We were almost blessed with two native american sisters but their foster family decided to adopt them. Unfortunately my current DH does not want any children. He has never had any but is very content with my 2 boys. I guess I will have to wait for granchildren.

Good Luck to you!

I am blessed:

1. Being born in 1966

2. Having been blessed with 2 wonderful adopted parents

3. Having 2 healthy sons (ages 23 and 15)

4. Not starving

5. Having a roof over my head (even thought I rent)

6. Having a job (even thought it is at Wal-Mart)

7. Being able to pay my bills (most of the time)

native american kids are really tough to get unless you are native american. the tribe has to approve where the kids go.

I'm blessed with a niece born in China, adopted and with my brother and sil on her first birthday.

She and my older son have exactly the same personality. Nature/nurture who knows??

These girls were in the foster care system. I do not know if they were in a tribe or not. We were sad not to be able to foster them but were glad they found a permanant home.

Quote:
big_smile.png
I was in a similar spot when I was 38 and now have a beautiful 5 year old son refusing to go to sleep because he is too happy, healthy and wanting to practice his reading skills! We are all blessed that we were able to bring him here to be a part of our family. He is a blessing!

Sorry to cut in but did y'all adopt?

We did! All of what we went through was what I know consider the path to the boy who was meant to be my son. If we hadn't gone through some things that at the time seemed like suffering I wouldn't even know this amazing child, never mind be his mommy!

Quote:
I did, about 19.5 months ago I brought home a 2.5 yr old future farm girl from Siberia. Strangest thing is, she looks just like me.
smile.png

Sent you a PM.

Ditto

I found out that I was pregnant today. It was a real shock and threw a wrench into my plans for this spring. I was really bummed. Then I realized I have a life in side me. I have been blessed with 5 beautiful daughters and now the lord has blessed me again. How can I be sad about that. I really thought we were not going to get pregnant. This pregnancy was a total against all odds pregnancy and I was shocked and I was having a hard time with it. I was thinking Wow I was finally going to have time to do things I want to do. But you know what I AM BLESSED. I have a roof over my head, my bills are paid, there are gifts under my tree for my kids, the car works, DH has a job, food in the fridge, nothing to complain about.
love.gif

I have been getting a lot of negative comments from some family members about the number of children I have. I feel this baby is as much of a blessing as any child and I don't need to hear any thing contrary to that. When I read all of the posts I realized how blessed I am and how thankful I am to have the family I have. I never dreamed I would have 6 children, but can you imagine the thanksgiving at my house in 10 to 15 yrs. Or Christmas. Oh yes I am truly blessed.

Last edited:
Quote:
When do we get to start candling???

There's nothing wrong with a large family. If I ever get married I'll almost certainly find a way to bring that many kids into the home. Or more. If I don't get married, it could still happen.......... kids are a blessing.

Back
Top Bottom