I Have To Know, Do You Anthropomorphize Your Animals?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I give mine names, but that's as far as it goes for me. My dogs are just dogs also, they get names but that's as human as it gets.

I do not know if it is anthropomorphizing to acknowledge that my dogs have fun when they play, are happy to see me when they do the "happy dance", or are sorry when they make me upset with them. My chickens seem to understand contentment, scared, curious, and probably a few other emotions in their little lizard brains. My fish and frogs seem to understand safe and hungry. When I had rats, they really understood playfulness and affection. I try not to ascribe anything that is beyond their capacity but I enjoy and acknowledge what they do experience and express.

My husband and I do. My son thinks we are just bored out of our minds. We sit and talk back and forth to each other as if that's what the dogs or chickens would say to each other.

Quote:
Oh just reminded me! I got my first two hens just before starting a new job. One evening I was working late so I called home and asked my husband if he'd remembered to "lock up the girls". The other receptionist gave me such a look! She thought I meant our daughters!!!

I think my birds listen BETTER than my kid does
tongue.png

I admit I name my birds, I dont name them if they are table fare. Some are approachable - can walk up and pick them up other flee like Im the Big Bad Wolf!

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I do it all the time. I like to refer to my cockerel Carmine as A Pimp Named Slickback (from Boondocks). He's always grabbing the girls by the back of their necks and tossing them face first into the ground, and you know what comes next. Of course the actual narrations are nothing that could be repeated here.

Back
Top Bottom