I Have To Know, Do You Anthropomorphize Your Animals?

* Ah, I think it's pretty obvious from my posts. . . .
tongue.png

Quote:
...and what other names are there?
hu.gif
Muffy, sugar, coffee, orange...now those seem like foolish names for the ladies that make you breakfast!

PS- I do not Anthropomorphize my girls...they are the masters of this slave run acre!
barnie.gif

Remember you can anthropomorphize by other ways - dressing them up as people, talking to them, naming them, including their picture in the Family Album, claim them as dependents on your tax return (BTW that is illegal), taking them to family reunions, tell folks that they are your reincanated Uncle Sid and Aunt Flo - have their names printed on their coop, stall - apply for a credit card in their name, register them to vote in an election (I mean we have an Elephant and a Donkey already right? So whats the big deal if Roy the Rooster registers?) etc.

I love this one; leave your inheritance to Cindy Chicken or Howard the Duck (Works well for ticking off the kids and exs)!

Come on run with it!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
...and what other names are there?
hu.gif
Muffy, sugar, coffee, orange...now those seem like foolish names for the ladies that make you breakfast!

PS- I do not Anthropomorphize my girls...they are the masters of this slave run acre!
barnie.gif

I try not to wit the chickens. The dogs, cats, and breeding bunnys are though. And yes my hens have stupid names ex:blue,softy, Bachi, and knuckles (broke leg and walked on her knuckles for a while) but then again some have human names ex: Ricky,Libby,Margret, and Barbs.
tongue.png

What about putting diapers on them so they can take over the house without soiling the carpet? By the way, I don't do this!

My wife likes to talk about such and such hen being sad, or angry. It makes me crazy because now she has our son doing it. I don't deny they have their own special feelings, but they don't have human facial features, so I'm not sure how she is percieving their moods. Blah!

Well......
I have pictures of my favorite rooster (God rest his soul) and two of my hens hanging in my kitchen. It has just now occurred to me that I take more pictures of my chicken girls than I do of my own human girls. :eek: Almost all of my 102 chickens have names. I converse with them daily. (And I am not gonna lie, sometimes I threaten them with going to the auction if they don't lay more eggs) Which usually works. I find myself talking about them in almost every conversation that I have. Even with my 3 and 6 year old.
smile.png
I just rented 6 books from the library, and 5 of them are chicken related! Good Lord I may have a problem!! :eek: I should probably seek help.
wink.png
I am sure you all will be there to give me a hand.
wink.png
(wink, wink) And when I am not on the BYC I am one craigslist, freecycle, and hatcheries looking for more birds!!!!! (oh and as soon as I get my local paper I immediately go to the poultry section) Anytime I go outside I go over and pick of one of my girls.....(chicken of course) and hold her while I am outside. And now I am quiet sure my daughters are picking up on my addiction. My oldest asked when we are getting more chickens and then asked if she can have her own flock!!! SHE IS 6!!!!
lol.png
Seriously......we may need an intervention!
wink.png

I did have a goat kid live in the house for 3 weeks after we got her. She wore a diaper while inside. You should have seen DH's face when I asked him to change the goats diaper and to wipe her butt!
lol.png
He actually did it too!!!! I didn't really want him to but I thought it was worth a shot! Here's a pic of the goat in her diaper....
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg
Aw....the memories of the goat hollerin while standing on top of the couch while we were all trying to eat dinner! She just wanted to be with us!!!!

Back
Top Bottom