I have to talk POLISH!

I saw a quad advertised about 2 hrs from me for $100, and they were gorgeous. I had to restrain from buying them. I'm getting myself a little strung out as it is. I love the WCBs, but those Tolbunts are striking

You can't go wrong with eggs..at least that's what I tell my husband..lol. .I think 18 are 115$? He has a thread on here somewhere..I'll definitely share pics when the babies hatch ♡♡ I would have loved to start with an adult pair, but this way I had a chance at more birds for the same cost and I can spoil them rotten from Day 1 ♡♡
Believe it or not, I'm having a much harder time finding good Gold(en) laced eggs.. I want to get a few of them so that I can do the splits to breed back to, and keep my birds genetically diverse, but have had zero luck on finding them..at this rate I'm going to have to wait until the Tolbunts are la ying and swap someone eggs..
Dunno if the 'sc' in your user name stands for S. Carolina, but if so Racuda is in NC ;)

Last edited:
I have a super flighty little polish chick, 4 weeks old, that has a mohawk. I've heard this is a dead giveaway that it's a male. Is this true? I'm not particularly fond of it, but I would hate to have to get rid of it. It's awfully pretty.

This is Joan Jett, the bird in question. The self portrait in the back is not relevant :p.

Last edited:
Thanks! She has a band of Buff Orpingtons called the Buffhearts, and a Cuckoo Silkie manager. I'd hate to have to rehome her.
That's funny. Must be a LI thing
lau.gif

You can't go wrong with eggs..at least that's what I tell my husband..lol. .I think 18 are 115$? He has a thread on here somewhere..I'll definitely share pics when the babies hatch ♡♡ I would have loved to start with an adult pair, but this way I had a chance at more birds for the same cost and I can spoil them rotten from Day 1 ♡♡
Believe it or not, I'm having a much harder time finding good Gold(en) laced eggs.. I want to get a few of them so that I can do the splits to breed back to, and keep my birds genetically diverse, but have had zero luck on finding them..at this rate I'm going to have to wait until the Tolbunts are la ying and swap someone eggs..
Dunno if the 'sc' in your user name stands for S. Carolina, but if so Racuda is in NC
wink.png
Yes, I'm in upstate SC. I've never heard of Racuda.
My rooster definitely sealed his place in my pen yesterday. His first two batches of eggs I set this year were 55% and 60% fertility. He had his favorite pair of hens for sure. I set 28 of his eggs last week, and told my wife that if he was sub 60% again, I was keeping a rooster to possibly swap out. He must have heard me. I candled last night, and 27/28 are developing nicely. I've never had this many going at one time, so hopefully sales will keep up

I'd be interested in a good quality Tolbunt roo. Sadly I had to cull my roos that I hatched, every one of them had really bad wry tail. That's not a trait that we need to be passing on. I have one nice looking hen from a different breeder, and sure could use a few more. Here's my keeper hen as a pullet. I need to take a new picture of her, she's really looking good this year.

Here's one of the wry tail roos. Both of these had the same awful tail set:

Sorry to hear about your roos :( I have 8 developing very nicely, wouldn't it be great to get 3 frizzle girls, 3 smooth girls and 1 roo of each?.. my luck..they'll all be roos..lol..Racuda has a thread on the sale page.. should be somewhat near the top, I'd be happy to bump it up if you guys want to get in touch with him

On a side note, noticed the nipple waterer in your background..do you like those? I've been thinking of starting the new hatches out on them, but I'd be leery of them not catching on..maybe I'm just paranoid?

Back
Top Bottom