I have to talk POLISH!

Do any of the serious show breeders use regular waterers, or do you use a different type of waterers? If so, what kind do you use, and where do you get them? I want to get more serious with breeding and showing our bantam polish, and would like to make sure I get the right equipment. Thanks!

What beautiful and interesting colors!!! Is the last one considered a mille fleur??? I had 2 crele roosters last year, however, they had some sort of heart defect and died very young. I miss them!! Did you breed these colors yourself, or get them from another breeder?
Yes, I have been working on this color for couple of years. I started with a creles and crossed them to gold laced and 4 Generations later I am consistently hatching this pattern, which I am calling Crele Laced

Yes,  I have been working on this color for couple of years.  I started with a creles and crossed them to gold laced and  4 Generations later I am consistently hatching this pattern, which I am calling Crele Laced 
keep it up! Maybe one day you can partner with others around the country and get it approved as a color in the APA!!!

I have a silver laced polish cockerel and I want to make silver laced silkies
wink.png
I think it would be pretty

Last edited:
I have a silver laced polish cockerel and I want to make silver laced silkies ;)  I think it would be pretty

I'm no Silkie expert, but I don't think that would be possible. Since Silkie's are lacking barbules, it's hard to really have a distinguishable feather pattern. It would still be cool to give it a try though and see how it turns out!

I'm no Silkie expert, but I don't think that would be possible. Since Silkie's are lacking barbules, it's hard to really have a distinguishable feather pattern. It would still be cool to give it a try though and see how it turns out!

I have a silver laced polish cockerel and I want to make silver laced silkies
wink.png
I think it would be pretty

ChicksNHerps is right, with the actual silkie feathering, you cannot see the pattern. Here are some pictures of some smooth sizzles (silkie X Cochin) that have a very nice blue lacing pattern on them. They look just like silkies in shape, but they have hard feathers instead of fluffy silkie feathers. I imagine silkie X silver laced polish would be similar end results. When you cross silkies and frizzled cochins you get a few feather types in your F1 crosses, regular silkies, frizzled silkies, hard frizzled feathers, or hard smooth feathers.

well i'm not looking for something I could still call silver lace, just a black and white spotty silkie. Maybe call it "dalmatian"
wink.png
. Not like a paint, more like a reverse paint.

In other news, just tried to bring my cockerel inside for coop training and cleaning prep for the show coming up, and my young silkie pullet was cackling away and got him all excited and he started crowing
barnie.gif
. Can't have that in my apartment so back outside he went. At least he doesn't get very dirty.

Last edited:
well i'm not looking for something I could still call silver lace, just a black and white spotty silkie. Maybe call it "dalmatian"
wink.png
. Not like a paint, more like a reverse paint.

In other news, just tried to bring my cockerel inside for coop training and cleaning prep for the show coming up, and my young silkie pullet was cackling away and got him all excited and he started crowing
barnie.gif
. Can't have that in my apartment so back outside he went. At least he doesn't get very dirty.

Give it a try and see what you end up with. Good luck at your show!

I just acquired a few polish chicks....frizzled polish. My question is...can you tell the males from the females at an early age? Are their crests different and if so, what do I look for for each sex?

I have 2 polish roosters that I can't sell or give away. So now I'm thinking that I can have a pen of breeding golden polish, I have 2 hens that I can put in there with them. Now my question is how big, what kind of set up do I need to make them. They are a little high strung, they have been separated from the others for awhile. I just want to be able to make a place that all is happy and comfortable with. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom